“My dream Barra trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arnhem
Arnhemland Barramundi Nature Lodge
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked the trip with Cranbourne Bait and Tackle with 15 other keen fishermen. As I have never caught a barramundi before, and hearing how good the fishing was here I had high hopes, the fishing was better than I could ever imagined. The lodge and crew were worth every cent, on the last day of fishing John who also never caught a barra before and I caught over 100 barra, we also caught a lot of blue water fish on the trip. The accommodation was excellent, the service was first class and the food was superb, the only bad thing was it went to quick.
Thanks for a great time and excellent 3 days, you will see me again
Regards
Gerhard

Room Tip: All rooms sleep 4 and are comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank fish-0_2011

Reviewed October 29, 2007

This place is pristene with a capital "P". It is basically in the middle of nowhere, and offers sunsets and rises that I imagine Frodo would have seen in Middle Earth.

The "tents" all have electricity, full ensuites and their own mini-fridges stocked with enough wine, beer and sprits to make getting out of bed very difficult,

The main lodge itself also boasts a fully-stocked bar, and the staff like to make sure that you are good and watered whenever you are there!

I had a great time, but I was only there for a short while and was with a big group of friends.

My main advice for ladies would be that it is a really blokey place and it shows - there are lots of "interesting" posters of women in bikinis holding fish up scattered around the main lodge, which didn't exactly blend in that well with the beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank kscourtney

Been to Arnhemland Barramundi Nature Lodge? Share your experiences!