I will try to write a detailed review, but if anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to send me a message. Everyone already knows its a long drive from the airport to the resort and that the beach is fantastic, but there isnt too much information about the wedding packages available there. Ours was the only ceremony performed there during the week we were there and my wife loved the attention she received from the other guest and staff while we were there.
My wife and I spent one week at the RHE and while there, we renewed our wedding vows. Our wedding co-ordinator Lisardo did a fantastic job with our renewal, the photographer took great photos that my wife is very happy with, our concierge in building #43 Ypsis and our made Yusimi all went above and beyond to make us happy.
Our wedding package (Luxury Ceremony it was called) included a room upgrade to a 2 level duplex suite, late checkout and turndown service. The wedding ceremony included a JP, marriage certificate, champagne, cake of choice, flowers, bouquet and boutonniere and a decorated venue (pavallion on the water). Lisardo did everything we asked and I would recommend to anyone that getting married or renewing their wows at RHE will certainly be a great experience. I actually enjoyed it more then our wedding at the Beaches in Varadero. The pavaliion where the ceremony was performed was right on the water, beside the seafood restaurant. It was decorated very nicely and in the colours of our choice. The DJ even played our own music through his equipment that was on my iPod. We also purchased a photo package for $40 CUC that included 24 developed photos and an additional 94 photos on a CD for us to keep.
Ypsis, our concierge was excellent. She always had a smile on here face and did everything we asked for (extra water and beer for example) and getting us dinner reservations for after our wedding at the Gourmet Restaurant on the Royal Suites side of the resort. That dinner and our server Marley, was easily the best meal and service we received at the RHE. Building 43 in the Hideaway section was a great location and about equal distance to the beach and main building. The duplex suite was 2 levels, with a living/dining room area, 2 piece bathroom and patio on the ground level and a large king bed, walk-in closet, 4 piece bathroom and another patio on the second level. It was alot of extra space that we really didnt use, but it was still very nice. We even received a few bottles of rum and champagne in our room while we were there.
The maid Yusimi was great. Our room was perfectly cleaned and restocked with fresh towels and beverages every day without any issues. Lots of towels were always supplied and she even drew a bubble bath and left flower pedals and lit candles all over the room after our wedding ceremony. We left her gifts on a daily basis (small makeup kits, panty hose, a small first aid kit) and my wife even left a dress that Yusimi said she really liked.
I will also add that this was our second trip to the RHE, the first being in 2007 and we liked it so much, that we choose to return to renew our vows. The grounds and the beach are still beautiful, the buildings well taken care of (nothing was falling apart, they were clean and didnt smell) and the staff was great. The food was excellent in our opinion and only lacking in variety some days at the buffet. My favourites were the small pizzas from the beach grill and the calamari from the pool snack bars. My wife loved the lobster at the seafood and gourmet restaurants and the fresh fruit at the buffet. Room service could be hit and miss. Sometimes they were very slow and the order wasnt always what we asked for, but we only used room service a few times anyway.
Overall an excellent resort and vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cayo Ensenachos, which brings all the Cuban flavor to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. The hotel has a main building and 506 comfortable rooms divided into 3 perfectly defined areas: (Park Suites Area: 260 Rooms Suite Park and 10 Duplex Suites. SPA Suites Area: (area for adults 18 years old and plus): 180 Spa Suite and 10 Duplex Suites. Grand Village Area (area for adults 14 years old plus): 32 Suite, 14 Family Grand Village. All of 506 rooms have balcony or terrace and bathtub/shower/WC, hairdryer, telephone, TV, air conditioning, ceiling bar, minibar, DVD and CD player, coffee maker, safety deposit box, ironing board and iron. All day and night: Varied entertainment program every evening with our entertainers, live shows in our entertainment room. Beach volleyball, tennis court. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel