I could talk all day long about the great time our group (three families-12 people) had at the Iberostar Ensenachos Especially when factoring in and understanding the challenges these people face when giving you a first class vacation for a next to nothing price. Why you should go and why we will return to the Iberostar is for the incredible beaches and aquatic experience and for the amazing people that keep this resort running as best they can with the resources they are given. We made our first visit because of recommendations from a number of our colleagues that have gone to this resort annually for years. The beaches are spectacular, however, you will probably not see American travel writers rank them with Maui's Waimea or Kaanapali beach, but, in my opinion, they are as good and better in many aspects. The snorkeling from the beach is very good. Go in the morning, high tide is best. The sand is so fine and cool. The water clarities and color is amazing. Take a free sail with one of the staff out to the break water or walk out at low tide to the sunken ship. Walk or run down the full length of the two beaches playa ensenachos and playa mengano. It was very hard to leave this place after only one week and the memories are lingering long. Although the resort's food and alcohol were not one of our top priorities it was extremely interesting and refreshing to see how food tastes without the influences from the American big sugar companies, over salting, artificial flavoring...... Our group of twelve had not one complaint. It was no problem being seated together and the service for our large group was flawless. Our rooms for the little time we spent in them were very comfortable and the pool features and service were great. One of the most memorable hangouts for us was the evenings spent in the piano bar. Take the time to get to know the pianist. She is incredible. We could not stump her with probably over twenty song requests from the kids and the adults. It was also fun trying the many fancy tropical drinks serve. If you are put off by minor power outages, computer systems that seem slow and archaic, maintenance repairs that either seem make-shift or take some time to compete, food that does not taste like the food at home then it is safe to say you have not taken the time to get to know the cuba people and understand and appreciate the situation you and they are in. There is a good reason why the man you will see everyday running a 15yr old Honda leaf blower needs to start the engine of it using what looks like a broken shoe lace. These people make do with what they can find. They work long and hard hours. They put up with things we can not imagine - and they are the lucky ones. If you do not take the time to get to know at least one of them, then you are really missing out on an amazing Cuban experience. I highly recommend this resort. It is in an absolutely beautiful and unique location and is full of amazing staff that deserve much respect and gratitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel