We originally went here May 2013, stayed in park section, 1st block by main building, ground floor - and will be going again next week. My family and I had an excellent time last year, however there was room for improvement.
The beach, pool, kids area/activities and grounds are excellent. Beach and lobby bar service are excellent. Rooms are clean and comfortable and AC is fine, Most staff are quite friendly. Food was pretty good considering it is cuba, (yes i said it!) Lobster and other meats were great. No trouble getting our room as we arrived at 930pm and they were able to accomodate my earlier request for a room close to the main building and with an extra bed. They even let us sneak in to the buffet just before close. The nightly shows were very good, and evening entertainment in the lobby was quite nice coupled with some excellent drinks.
The few things that i did mention to the staff over our stay in need of attention were: The 110V outlet in the bathroom had a loose connection, but we had a travel convertor so not a problem. Shower drain was partly clogged and there was a large crack in the shower tile. Limited toilet paper in the public washrooms, but we had TP with us(easy with a stroller). Ceiling fan didn't work, they did send someone the next day, but couldn't repair, no matter as AC worked fine. First morning, all palapas were taken by 10am, got a little sunburn. Each morning thereafter, got my butt down to the beach nice and early and booked my spot - No blame here, it happens everywhere. Vegetable and fruit are limited on the buffet, but nothing i did not expect. Cant comment on a la cartes as never went due to 3yr old napping through reservation time.
Biggest issues: Elevator being out(i heard it's fixed now, YAY!),poor pool service(drinks/chairs/restaurant) at the park pool and the kid's water park had no drink service and little chairs.
Montreal CBC on tv-, but it wont matter this year. Be nice to see some raptor playoffs though.
I knew what to expect, I expected 5 star Cuba and got 5 star Cuba, Let's be real people, don't expect 5 star Jamaica or DR. I was satisfied with the overall service and value of the resort and will likely continue to go again,, assuming my stay next week goes well(i guess that's a heads up).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel