Stayed at the Grand Village section of resort- Superb beach and swimming/snorkelling options offered. Wonderful accomodations and extremely friendly and helpful staff (other than the grumpy front desk staff @ main lobby). Food throughout was very good, particularly the seafood. The layout of the Grand Village section is very well designed and offers a high level of privacy.
Some things to consider- Cuba is not run like a 'swiss watch' so be prepared to wait and have patience.. Vegetables are not as available but other great food is. The logistics between the Grand Village and rest of resort can be a challenge (1 mini-van only) so plan your main lobby trips accordingly or you'll eat up beach time fast. There is an obsession with bug control along the lines of 'agent orange' programs where they fumigate the entire resort with a 'back to the future' golf cart spewing white smoke (petroleum/deet mix)-if you see it coming.. run for your life and cover your face or dinner will taste funny for a few hours.. (generally early morning and dusk times..). For the Wi-fi crowd- this is a NEW service (i.e. 2 months ago) to this entire area.. the service is going to improve however, be prepared for old school dial-up type speeds and hit/miss availability (only from lobby area). Cell phones- Rogers apparently has the service relationship in Cuba..
If you're looking for the best beach/swimming/snorkelling in this island group and want privacy, this is the place! if you're more into ultra luxurious pampering, high end cuisine and the likes then you may want to look at other resorts in the area. Have a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel