First time for this resort. Stayed for 2 weeks. Booked for the park and got a Spa. WOW. We were so glad and appreciative. We did not realize that the Park is mostly for families. I believe were in the 2600 block. Second floor.
Being 'easy ozie' as we are, we arrived and was told to go in. You know that 'slow mo' state when you just walk and later realize you didn't ask where to go inside. We did saunter through some doors looking to be the reception. Yes we were tired, but the staff were so friendly and showed us to some seats and gave us for a form to fill in. Just asked for a few things. No big deal. The lady at the desk gave us a glass of champagne and assisted me with the bracelet. Sat, relaxed and watched the others check in. Fabulous!!!
We were delighted and overjoyed with how little we actually had to do ourselves. (Yes we have travelled a lot.) Spoiled! I don't care where you are from, if people carry your bags, escort you everywhere (room/beach),serve you drinks, clean your room and politely with a smile ask if you need anything then you are being spoiled.
The grounds and the two beaches are paradise. The food is ample and of great quality. Cooked in front of you or off the buffet, doesn't matter. The gardens were constantly being groomed and it shows. I could go on but I would be repeating what most are saying. The staff at the spa pool bar were fantastic and so warm-hearted and had a great sense of humour.
We did not have problems with the staff, everyone was very kind and giving. There was a young waiter in the lobby who was rather good at looking busy doing nothing but we actually found him amusing knowing that his boss would catch him out soon. As was with the young fellow at the spa pool who was in entertainment and was a little inappropriate with a visitor one afternoon. Can you believe it? 2 weeks and that is all the complaints we had about the resort and the staff?
Our biggest complaint? Some of the visitors!! Don't blame the staff for the destruction done by the hurricane, blame the selfish visitors who put towels on the chairs at the beach or pool and never show up!!!! There will never be enough chairs as long as they are there.
Don't judge the staff by the rudeness of the visitors. The visitors who feel that $$ gives them the right to treat people badly. They only succeed in making the staff look better than them.
I am trying to think of something different in a positive note but I really believe it has been mentioned many times. Beautiful and well kept rooms, fabulous array of food at every meal, hot breezes, bathwater temp ocean, abundant wildlife, gorgeous plant life, friendly Cubans and a safe and secure place for a person to relax. Sunsets and rises you do not need to photo shop, extraordinary marine life and so much more.
And yes there were many friendly visitors to share them with. Travelling alone, take a fishing rod and go to the end of the beach and you wont be alone for very long.
I want to thank the staff, all of them, for a very enjoyable vacation and making it so easy for us to enjoy your paradise that you so generously share with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel