First of all Iberostar Ensenachos fulfilled our expectations.
We were there from May 25 – June 8 with two kid’s age 6 and 3 and had blast of the time.
Our room Bungalow 40 in park section was kind of far from main lobby and buffet area but it was not huge problem since our kids like to walk and after all you need some exercise to digest all that food. Room was clean and room service was excellent during our 2 weeks stay. Big Thank you to our room maid. Air Conditioning worked well and water pressure is excellent (this is always challenging in Cuba).
It was not too far from Ensenacho beach which was big + since we did not like Megano for being too loud.
Ensenacho beach is amazing, paradise for kids and adults, no waves and shallow water full of sea creatures.
If you enjoy beach as a family like we do you will be in beach heaven.
Plenty of beach chairs and shade and friendly beach staff.
Swimming pool(s) are clean and nice place to spend some time if days are cloudy. Kids Water Park is huge and our kids loved it so much. We divided our time mornings at beach and afternoons at pool so kids could enjoy kid’s shows and kids Water Park.
Food was good, lobster (two times), prawn shrimp, grilled fish, lots of fresh fruit (papaya, mmmmmango, guava etc.), yummy omelets and fresh smoothies in the morning. Our only complaint was lack of variety of bread which we liked so much in other Cuban resorts and very average pizza.
Entertainment was OK and staff tried to do their best to entertain somewhat boring crowd of people. Amphitheatre was always close to empty and folks seamed just to enjoy drinks and mosquitoes in the lobby. Bring plenty of repellent; we never experienced such mosquito onslaught.
Broadway show and Boogie nights is well worth seeing.
Big Thank You to Leddy clown and her enthusiasm, our kids loved her so much, she is sweet heart.
Music in the lobby was first class; and Cuban musicians are top notch. Loved it.
I went one day to take picture in adults section of hotel and felt like I was in the cemetery; nothing to see there.
I love peaceful and quiet vacation but this was scary; and usual conversations mortgage, loans, interest rates and all other grown up westernized BS. My advice for you looking for adult experience: go somewhere else and pay the price, leave this peace of heaven to working families looking for fun in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel