5,976 results
All reviews seafood italian restaurant main lobby santa clara a la carte restaurants golf cart spa area surf and turf family section dvd player snack bar cigar lounge beautiful resort adult pool bring a flashlight chicken other resorts
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent a week at Iberostar Ensenachos and from the outset we were impressed! On your arrival you're greeted with a glass of bubbles and an explanation as to what the facility has to offer. The only thing omitted from the advice is to make your bookings at the restaurants as they appear to get booked up pretty quickly.

We made use of the gym, played a bit of basketball, kayaked as well as leisurely days on the beach and chilling by the Megano pool.

Great location! Great service and a superb suite (we stayed in a Spa Suite and had booked ahead). Great choice and would love to return one day.

Room Tip: Opt for a Spa Suite
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear suzlecha,

Thank you so much for taking part of your time and write us about your recent stay at Iberostar Ensenachos, we appreciate all your comments, we love that you have been a wonderful stay here among us, we work hard in order to all our guests feel themselves like home. We hope to have you again among us in the future and offer you even a better service.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel from April 11 to 25. We had previously stayed at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria and the Melia Las Dunas nearby, but wanted to check out the Ensenachos hotel.

I am very glad that we did. The beaches are as spectacular as others have noted. We preferred the Ensenachos (as opposed to the Megano) beach. It was a lot quieter, and it wasn't as necessary to get up too early. The bar service at the Ensenachos beach was superb, and Juan Carlos and Yisel could not have been more helpful. Juan's frequent trips down the beach, and his helpful comments, were much appreciated.

The food was excellent--with lots of variety at the buffet. We also ate at the Steak House and the Sea Food restaurant (Punta del Pirata), which were good. But the buffet was terrific, with wonderful selection of salads, vegetables, cheeses, fruit and several stations for individual food preparation. The personnel working in the two large rooms served by the buffet were great--and we came to admire their professionalism (on two occasions that we saw in the face of rude tourists). Particularly helpful were Annia Lauzerique, Geiny Garcia and Raidel Macaya. We had lunch several times in the snack bar beside the family section pool, and our server Rutilio also did a great job. BTW, I am glad to see that tourists are less critical of the lack of ketchup--since these observations had become embarrrassing...

The grounds are kept beautifully, and the gardeners do a terrific job. If anybody deserves a tip, they do. Work gloves, and articles of clothing, are always appreciated by them.

We were in villa 20, and our room was kept extremely clean and tidy by the cleaning staff. Since we were at the beach almost the entire time, we hardly got to talk with them--but it was always good to know that, after returning from the beach, the room would be in great shape.

The piano bar--with a superb pianist--is definitely worth visiting. We always went there after supper, and much enjoyed the combination of great music and attentive service. The entertainment was excellent--from the high energy pace of the shows to the variety of the performers in the lobby. The Sunday evening orchestra performance was truly spectacular.

The reception staff were extremely helpful, and the manager Brenda Correa is to be commended for running such an efficient, helpful operation. Assisted by the two yellow-coated trouble-shooters (Cesar and Dario) who could be seen all over the resort, she has done a wonderful job in her short time there.

One constructive criticism... Transportation around this large property can be a challenge for older vacationers/people with limited mobility--and a more organized system of golfcarts/minibuses would be helpful. A regular schedule of transportation going from the lobby to the Ensenachos beach, for example, would make life a lot easier for those making the 25-minute walk.

In conclusion... We had a great time--and will be saving up to return next year. The friendly staff, superb beaches, great rooms, and consistently good food, are just what we were looking for. This is not a "party destination" for tourists looking for a faster pace, but is terrific for people wanting to chill, and for young families. (We also heard from delighted wedding guests that the support for them had also been excellent). Definitely a keeper, and fully deserving of the praise it has received.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John K

Dear John K,

On behalf of the staff I want to thank you for giving us your comments about your experience at Iberostar Ensenachos. We are pleased to have given to you a great holiday and encourage us to keep improving our services. We will congratulate Annia, Geiny, Raidel, Rutilio and all the staff for helping you to make your holiday special and also I would like to thank you as well for your nice words about my assistance. We hope to offer you again our hospitality whenever you decide.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I just spent a week at this resort with my husband and 2 kids. I knew the resort would be big, but I had no idea it would be so huge. It gave the feeling of privacy. The staff were incredible.. We were made to feel welcome.
Before we went, I was unsure as to whether or not I would use the babysitting service. I felt uncomfortable leaving my son with strangers. However, he was completely comfortable at the kids club and he had a great time. He loved it and people often tipped the babysitter generously because she was fantastic.
The rooms were clean and the food in the restaurants was fine. The beaches were stunning and they have waiters come and take your drink order so you don't even need to get off your beach chair to fetch your own pina colada. The pool had a swim-up bar so it was easy to seek refreshments! The staff never made us feel obligated to tip but we still did on occasion.
For those who are going : the buffet is open for all 3 meals a day. However, if you want to try a different menu I suggest you make reservations in the à la carte restaurants immediately as you check in on day 1. They are always fully booked and we only managed to get 2 reservations over the course of 7 days even though we tried many times. Also, men are expected to wear t-shirts and long pants in the à la carte restaurants. No sleeveless shirts.
My only complaint about this place is that I saw more Canadians at this resort than I would see walking down any random street in Canada. The guests were 99% Canadian so it didn't feel very exotic. We left the resort for a safari to actually experience Cuba.
We are already planning to go again to this resort. I have traveled the world and this is by far the most hospitable staff that I have ever seen.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear farmersma,

Thank you so much for taking part of your time and write us about your recent stay at Iberostar Ensenachos, we appreciate all your comments, we love that you have been a wonderful stay here among us and your kids enojoyed the kidsclub, we work hard in order to all our guests feel themselves like home. We hope to have you again among us in the future and offer you even a better service.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Been to Iberostar Ensenachos from April 17th through 24th with 2 kids of 5-7.

First, the rooms are a pretty decent size, with both Shower and Bath seperated. I dont know if it is the case for every one but our balcony was very intimate as it was facing trees. Even though we we're on the Park side, we did not hear any kids (other than my own!).

Food was excellent, the buffet served lobster tails twice during our stay. Other than the lobster, we could always find something good to eat.

Ensenacho beach was quite a workout to get there, especially when it is about 40 degrees outside. It is a long walk but very much worth it. Megano beach has more animation and is right accross the hotel lobby, which makes it much closer.

My only complain is that hot water was an issue when it was time to shower before diner. I spoke with other people over there and no one else seem to have that problem.

Water park for the kids is very nice and I appreciate that there was a waiter every now and then, showing up to ask if we wanted drinks as we were located a bit far from the bar.

Anyway, a great hotel with the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen in my life. Lots of fish everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sunny_wave

Dear Sunny_wave,

On behalf of the staff I want to thank you for giving us your comments about your experience at Iberostar Ensenachos. We are pleased to have given to you a great holiday and encourage us to keep improving our services and that your kid have enjoyed the water park. We hope to offer you again our hospitality whenever you decide.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at Iberostar Ensenachos from April 13-20th flying in from Toronto - as a young couple.

I had an excellent time at this resort, I didn't let the small things ruin my vacation and I hope you won't either.

This resort is so beautiful, very picturesque, a nature lovers dream. There are so many well manicured gardens, trees and flowers. The gardeners are so pleasant that I looked forward to seeing them on our morning stroll everyday - amazing workers.

The beaches as you have read are the BEST, very clean, shallow and post card worthy. We preferred the Ensenachos beach because it was a lot quieter and we never had trouble finding shade - whether it was early or not.

The Spa pool was our favourite because it was peaceful but still lively. Had nice balance of shade and sunny areas, never had an issue finding a lounger (at this pool a worker will bring you a cushion so there is always loungers available). If you prefer quiet relaxing pool days and you don't have children you would probably prefer this area.

Tips
- all rooms have a DVD player in them
- if you have an empty gift card laying around you can use that to leave your room lights on so you can free up your extra room key
- the best snorkelling is at the nautical centre beside Ensenachos beach
- the wall plug in the blow dryer in the bathroom will charge iPods/iPads
- book your a la Cartes as soon as you get there - they fill up quickly and dress code is taken seriously
- the currency exchange is done by the hotel so it is open until around 9 at night and no passports are needed during currency exchange

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple