My husband and I - two seniors- and our little grandson travelled in April 2013.
In the last seven years having been in a neighbouring hotel eleven times with our big families and enjoying every minute of it, - never had any raison to complain-, we had high hopes of Iberostar too. We wanted to enjoy the two wonderful beaches.
Wrong! No consideration, no understanding!
I can understand if they cannot fulfill our request, but the way they talked to us at the front desk was offending and hurtful. We did not put in immodest claims, we were polite, we made ourselves as small as we could.
We made and paid full for our reservation for April in February (confirmed in March 06) -requested a room in one of the bungalows 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 (with about 100 rooms).
when we saw, that our room is not in one of the bungalows above, the young man, who handed out the keys, flatly refused our request for a change. "The hotel is full." No ray of hope.
Our room had a joint door to the next room and was closest to the highway and constructions. We could not have an afternoon nap or a good night sleep - from early morning into late late night the noise level was very high and permanent.
again at the front desk. When we asked the lady to take in consideration our age, the small child and our early reservation, her answer was: "I can not keep a room for you for a month".
(- we never asked that, just one of the 100 rooms on the quiet side)
" Write to Brenda!" Again, flatly refused.
In the night we woke up coughing, through the joint door heavy cigarsmoke came, right at the bed head of our grandson. In the hallway I met two "camareros de noche". They were very nice, told me to go to the reception right away. At 11 o'clock in the night? Smoking is not prohibited.
The "camareros" helped us to try to seal the common door with towels. They were helpful and understanding.
We realised, the managment or who ever, gave us a spare room. For a full price and for an early reservation.
again at the front desk. My husband told them to arrange our flying tickets back to Canada for today or we will sleep in the lobby tonight.
"Call us at noon please, we will see what can we do". A little ray of hope, No symphaty. No beach. At noon: "Please call back after three. The room is not ready." We understood that.
But no beach: packing, waiting, staying in the room.
Around 5 we could move to our new room, we were happy.
We lost three days, but we had four ahead.
The front desk people attitude must be change, because of their attitude we felt, we do not count, we felt offended and hurt.
I wonder what are their criterias to assign people to rooms.
Positives: everything else. The staff at the buffet, in the garden, the camareros, people at the pool, on the beach is very professional, caring, friendly, nice.
The beaches, the grounds are wonderful.
Because of the positives our children and their families want to go here in the summer.
Dear Brenda, what should they do, not to experience the troubles we did, and get the rooms they would like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel