5,944 results
All reviewsseafooditalian restaurantmain lobbysanta claraa la carte restaurantsgolf cartspa areasurf and turffamily sectiondvd playersnack barcigar loungebeautiful resortadult poolbring a flashlightchickenother resorts
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just wanted to say what a great place this was. My wife and I stayed there April 8-15. Can't say enough about all the great people there from Alexi at the El Megano Steak restaurant to Orlando and George on the Hobie Cats. Had a great time. Only con is that it would be nice to see a few more cabanas on the beach.

4  Thank Doug K
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear DougK,

Thank you very much for this nice review. I will pass your words to all my staff. Yes, we have a lot of changes as you mentioned and it is an ongoing process that will never stop. We are glad that you had a good time and let me tell you that whenever you decide to visit us again please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my husband and my very first vacation out of Canada. We travelled with 4 other couples for a total of 10 of us (April 4-11). The others had been to this resort more than once.

Upon our arrival, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the resort had upgraded us from the Spa Suites to the Grand Villas. O - M - G !!! We stayed in 5201 - close to everything we needed to be close to and far enough away from all the hustle & bustle when we needed the quiet.

We truly were amazed at the friendliness of all the Cuban people. Never once did someone laugh when I tried my Spanish on them. Instead, they graciously corrected my pronunciations and encouraged me to try it again. Wonderful, wonderful people.

I have NOTHING negative to say about this resort and our experience. Yes, everyone said the food in Cuba is not what we're used to. "Bring your own salt & pepper, ketchup and peanut butter, if that's what you like to have" they would say. I say, if I wanted to eat like I do at home - I'd stay home. I tried almost all the food and quickly found my daily favourites.

Next year is our 30th wedding anniversary and we plan to bring our son & his girlfriend and hope that a few of our other friends will join us.

Thank you Iberostar and Cayo Ensenachos for the lovely and unforgettable stay.

Gwen & Paul O.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Gwen O

Dear Gwen O,

Thank you so much for taking part of your time and write us about your recent stay at Iberostar Ensenachos specially at the Grand Village section, we appreciate all your comments, we love that you have been a wonderful stay here among us, we work hard in order to all our guests feel themselves like home. We hope to have you again among us in the future.

Cordially,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

A girlfriend and I travelled to Iberostar Ensenachos on April 4 -11/2013. I was not happy with the Transat flight as found the plane so crowded and the food was terrible. It was a long bus drive to the resort but gave us alot of chances to view the countryside along the way. This was our third trip to Cuba. The first two had been to Holguin.

Our room was not ready so we left our luggage and went to the buffet for lunch. This was the only time we ate at the buffett which seemed fine and did have a large selection to choose from. We were informed we had been upgraded from the Park Suites to the Grand Villas. I, at first, did not believe this was happening. When the butler opened the door to our villa, I almost fainted. It was so beautiful!

We had our own living/dining area, huge bedroom, full bath and 1/2 bath, 2 TV's, 2 phones, walk in closet, hot tub on the deck with large balcony. We found out we had our own beach for the Villas, own restaurant and pool. There were no children allowed at this section of the resort. It was so peaceful, relaxing and the scenery was gorgeous.

I have never stayed anywhere that was nicer than this. The food was remarkable. We only went to one a la carte which was the International and we did not enjoy it. We ate all our other meals at the Colonial, the restaurant for the Villas. The service could not be beat. We were treated like royalty the whole time we were there. The head waiter, Yan, was so courteous and respectful. The other waitresses were very friendly and made eating there such a pleasure.

We had 4 butlers, all willing to help with any of our questions. Yandry was totally awesome!! He was so friendly and was always there to talk with us and help in any way he could.

The wind was quite strong during the whole week of our stay but we still enjoyed the beach. If it was too windy at the beach we went to the pool. There were no crowds there and it was hotter and more sheltered. The beach was breathtaking. We both took tons of pictures. I did not want to come home.

I would recommend this resort to everyone! The Villa was so comfortable. We never had any problems with there being not enough hot water. In fact the shower was the best ever. I am homesick for the place and we hope to return next April.

We have since looked into the prices for the Grand Villas and altho it is considerably more than the other spa sections, it is worth every penny. We saw peligans, many other species of birds, a kitten, geckos but our favorite were the lguanas. We saw 3 different ones of 3 different sizes and there wer amazing!

I cannot wait to return to the Grand Villas at this resort. In my eye it is Heaven on earth.

Room Tip: 5001 was short walking distance to restaurant and beach
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank gratefullgirl
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear gratefulgirl,

Thank you so much for taking part of your time and write us about your recent stay at Iberostar Ensenachos Grand Village part, we appreciate all your comments, we love that you have been a wonderful stay here among us, we work hard in order to all our guests feel themselves like home. We hope to have you again among us in the future and offer you even a better service.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I vacationed at the Iberostar Apr 6th to 13th. We stayed at another resort in Cayo Santa Maria last year and fully intended to return this year, however the negative reviews made us look into other properties in the same area. We flew out of Hamilton which was so much closer and easier for us than Toronto. Flight times however are not ideal, 7:20 pm flight outbound so it was 3am by the time we unpacked. Check in was quick and efficient. We had booked the Park Suites area and were upgraded to the Spa Section which was much appreciated. No complaints about the room, stayed in bungalow 28...nicest we have experienced in Cuba. Walk to main lobby only 5 minutes and 10 minutes to Megano beach
Staff at this resort are wonderful, very friendly and accomodating. We spent all our days at the beach, water was clear and calm every day we were there. One day we walked down to the Ensenachos Beach which was very quiet. Either beach is great for walking and swimming. It is nice not having to share the beach with other resorts. Gardeners are doing a fantastic job at this resort and should be commended for their efforts, beautiful well kept grounds.
The buffet was okay but not as good as we have experienced in 4.5 star resorts in Cuba in the past. We had reservations at the Italian and the Mediterranean restaurants and the service was excellent and the food was good. Bar service at the beach was excellent, never wanted for a drink...thanks Amaury!

6  Thank DaveDunnville
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Davedunville,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Iberostar Ensenachos we would like to thank you for your review. We do hope, to have another opportunity in the near future, to make your holiday unforgettable. If you decide to give us another chance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you all the best

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our third time to Ensenachos and first time in the Spa Section. The past two times, we stayed in the Villas. Being that we are travelling with a large group for our wedding next April, we wanted to check out the Spa side and we were not disappointed!

The spa pool is a tropical oasis...tons of trees, birds singing, iguanas (BIG ones) roaming around...they like the cheese FYI :) It was paradise and the staff were all amazing. It was really nice to have lunch at the Spa pool restaurant with a small buffet and choice of a la carte menu options. I loved that you didn't have to leave the pool to get good food.

We went to the beach later in the week because we found it a little busy the first few days and decided we didn't want to play the 'put your towel on the chair at 6:30am game'. We went down to Megano on our first morning at 9:45am. There were 15 chairs in a row with towels on them...2 of the chairs did not have towels so we pulled them out from under a palapa and laid on them. A worker (I don't believe he had an IE shirt on) came over and said he had reserved the 15 chairs and was trying to get us to leave...we didn't move. 45 minutes later, a family FINALLY showed up and the man came over and waited for his money. I can't blame him...but I DO blame the rude, inconsiderate guests who think they 'deserve' to have chairs reserved for them for hours upon hours, while other guests who paid the same amount for their trip walk up and down the beach trying to find shade. I think if everyone would just get a chair when they need it and give it to someone else when they leave, there wouldn't be a problem...SHARING...who would have thought!?!

Brenda- I hope this issue can be resolved. I think a simple sign at the end of the boardwalk stating that unattended towels (after an hour) will be taken away and charge $10 for guests to replace their towels...that will solve the problem pretty quickly, I'd think.

Now back to the positives...and the rest is ALL positive!

FOOD (I'm a vegetarian but did eat seafood and fish during the week):

Beach grill was THE BEST surprise!! Grilled salmon was amazing and they had made to order pizzas which were also delish! For meat lovers, they had hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken on the grill as well. The buffet there had lots of fruit and salad/veg. We were thrilled as lunch was amazing and the 6-piece band was playing there too!

Buffet- we only had dinner here a couple times which was great...lots of choices for vegetarians and meat lovers alike. Bread was super yummy, smoked salmon was always a 'go to' for me and lots of veggies. Breakfast there was my favourite. I never waited in lines for omelets but opted for lots of the fresh fruit, smoked salmon and poached eggs...of course, Annia always had a mimosa waiting for me. We ate outside every morning on the terrace...LOVE!

El Colonial (Gourmet at the Villas)- Yan is always our server there and he is such a sweetheart. His wife is Yoli at the Seafood. Our meals were delish and the french onion soup is amazing!

Seafood- Very beautiful views if you go before sunset. Yoli was our server and she is beyond adorable and lovely. I had the best lobster there and you can eat from the buffet they have for salads and other nibbles.

International- My fiancee had the stuffed chicken which he said was amazing. I had fish which was really good but not compared to the above mentioned. Erik took good care of us as always!

Tennis
- Reno is fabulous! So lucky to have had 3 lessons with him throughout the week! He helped us improve our game tremendously. If you are into tennis, book a lesson with him...you won't be disappointed. Not many resorts have an actual tennis professional at your disposal!!

Staff
What can I say except this really is the reason we have and will continue to come back. From the gardiners (MARIO!!!!!) to the bar staff, waiters, you name it...they are ALL friendly. I have never experienced such an overwhelming amount of happy, friendly staff at a resort. Make the effort to say 'hola' and pay an interest in them and they will give you back so much more than you could ever imagine!! I miss them :(

I could go on and on, but I will just finish by saying that this is our paradise...we do not sweat the small things that some people seem to focus on (no ketchup, paper towel dispensers broken etc. etc) and instead concentrate on the amazing things this resort has to offer. I feel sorry for those whose holidays are ruined because there were no straws for the week...go with the flow and don't let the 'little things' bother you.

We will be back next April to get married and can't wait to be there for the week with 50 of our friends and family!! YAY! Only problem is that April seems way too far away...

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to email me.

Room Tip: We were in bungalow 20- great for anyone who has mobility issues as it's very close to the main lobby. We were in 2026 and had a small view of the ocean but lots of privacy.
8  Thank Pilates1977

Dear Pilates1977,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Iberostar Ensenachos we would like to thank you for your nice review. We all are hardworking people always seeking the best for all our clients. We will build more sunshade and also we will figure out something to avoid this issue.
If we can be of any further assistance please contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wish you all the best,