We were first time visitors to Cuba and to the Iberostar Ensenachos. May wife and I, along with 50+ guests, went there for our sons wedding. The location, food, rooms, staff and weather were all perfect. We had been advised not to go to Cuba and expect outstanding food but to our delight, the food and selection was superb. The staff, in all areas of the resort, were excellent, helpful and very courteous. Although we had hoped to stay in the Spa area of the resort, we end up in the Park Suites and couldn't have been happier. The room was large, clean, well maintained and close to all major areas of the resort. The entertainment in the evenings was superb. On our first night at the resort we tried out the newly opened cigar bar and returned each night thereafter. The main entrance way was a wonderful place to meet and greet those you knew and those you didn't. The feeling of the resort was one of relaxation and enjoyment and the staff made every moment special.
The beach - best I have ever seen; end of story.
Now I did say we all went there to participate in and attend our sons wedding. The overall location is superb. Our son and now daughter-in-law selected the gazebo by the sea-food restaurant as the wedding location and where the reception and dinner was held. Both outstanding choices. If you are considering having a wedding at the Iberostar, realize that although a resort coordinator may be assigned to you, be ready to do everything yourself / on your own. We were provided very little support by the coordinator even though promised full dedication. We found that it would have been better not to have a coordinator and therefore not to have to incur the frustrations and disappointment.
This being said, the wedding was wonderful, the staff at the restaurant were super, the meal was really great and everyone had a superb time before, during and after the wedding. Now that we are back home, we are having withdrawal issues and long for the beach, the food and the staff at the Iberostar Ensenachos. We highly recommend this resort. The bar has been set very high by this resort and we are looking forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel