We stayed at IBE from February 11th to 18th, 2013. Travelled with Sunwing direct from Saskatoon. The airport in Santa Clara was a breeze, ours was the only flight in at the time, so we were through and on the bus in about 30 minutes. The bus ride to Cayo Ensenachos was about 90 minutes..... the bus was very comfortable and our guide was very informative, so the ride seemed to go by quickly. We were the first ones dropped off and the last ones picked up on the day of departure.
When we arrived at the resort, we were taken to a meeting room and given our envelope which included: 2 room cards, our bracelets, a map of the resort as well as a spa menu. We were also served an ice cold drink. The room assignment was on the envelope along with our name. We then went back to the front of the lobby where a bell hop awaited with our luggage and took us to our room. This entire process was fast and effcient and overall very organized.
The room was your typical hotel style room, other than the walk in closet, which I think is really nice.. also loved the large balcony. It was clean, comfortable and our maid service was fantastic! All the amenities you would expect were there, an iron/ironing board, safe, coffee maker, new TV ( with several english channels and even a few Canadian channels). Beach towels in the room and plenty of towels for 2 people in the bathroom. I was very pleased with the accomodations and happy to call this home for the week.
The food at the buffet was pretty good... I say "pretty good" because it did get repetitive by the end of the week. They really don't change it up much, but there was alot of choice, so I never had a hard time finding something to eat. I will say though, one night they had turkey and it was fantastic. Not sure how they cooked that bird, but it was so tasty!! We ate at 3 al-a-cartes... The Italian, International and Mediterrainian. The food at all 3 was VERY good... The ambiance at the Med was the best though. It's located right on the ocean, and even though it was dark out, you could see the water from the large deck which just gave it an edge over the others.
The lobby is where we spent all of our evenings. They have a live band every night before the shows and a couple nights, people got up and danced. It was a nice way to unwind after the day. We did attend 2 shows and both were very well done. You can tell alot of work goes into the production... hats off the the performers!
The service on every level is outstanding here!! I did not encounter one staff member who did not have a smile on their face and a genuine kindness about them. The staff at IBE go out of their way to make you feel welcome. This is definitely the strength of this resort ( well that and the beaches of course) I cannot say enough how beautiful the Cuban people are! They honeslty go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Right from the reception staff to the gardeners. I was so impressed with the staff.
Then there's the beaches... for those of you who go here for the first time, be prepared to be blown away!! Megano beach is very nice, but Ensenachos beach is post card perfect!! The sand is soft and white and clean, the water is crystal clear and calm and the color of jade! I have never seen such a beautiful beach... The staff greet you at the boardwalk and set up your chairs for you. The drink service is fast and effcient... I don't know how they can keep all those orders straight and do it with a smile on thier face for the entire day! Again, the staff on all levels is just fantastic!!
One thing I should add though, there is alot of walking as the resort is very spread out. Personally I enjoy the walking, but if you have mobility issues or just don't like to walk alot, this may be an issue for you. You can get a ride if you request one, but please keep in mind that there are only so many golf carts and staff members available, so you may need to have patience when requesting one.
In closing I'll say... We have been to some very nice resorts and always said we'd not return to the same one twice because there's just too many places to see in this big world. But... we are returning to IBE next year for our annual winter holiday without a doubt! I will be dreaming of Ensenachos beach until then. I loved our holiday at Iberostar Ensenachos and I can't wait to return.
If you have any questions at all about something that I did not touch on in my review, please contact me as I'd be happy to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel