“Grand Slam”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayo Ensenachos
Iberostar Ensenachos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cayo Ensenachos
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went for our 4th straight vacation to Iberostar Ensenachos and they hit another home run!Traveled Jan.25/13 to Feb1/13 and was not dissapointed period.Beautiful grounds,beaches,rooms and most of all the people.The food gets better every year and is more than acceptable.The Cuban people are amazing and give you way more than even they get themselves.Great hands on training by new food/beverage manager Ceasar;results are showing already.The addition of a children section is hardly noticable except maybe on you plane ride down and back;but haven't we all had children! On top of the most relaxing vacation you could get in Cuba you also get the best value for you money.Don't hesitate to book this resort as the pictures you see are exactly what you get. Please stop by and say Hola to our friends Yillian and Daykar in the piano bar,Magdiel and Lenoid in the main resturant,Lius the gardener, and Lizzie in the spa pool resturant.You will end up loving them like we do.Thank you for having us. We miss it already.

Room Tip: For adults be sure tostay on the spa side. Try to get a second story room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ken m
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Ken M,

On behalf of all our staff at Iberostar Ensenachos we would like to thank you and your family for choosing our hotel for your vacations. We are glad to know that we were able to make your days with us wonderful. I will forward your review to Cesar, Yillian, Dakar, Magdiel, Lenoid and Lizzie they will be glad to know that you remember their service. We hope we can welcome you back in the future, I am sure we will meet again.

Regards

Brenda Correa

Write a ReviewReviews (5,533)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

And it was just as good as the first. I've been many places but the service here is second to none. The staff go well out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Many of the staff remembered us from out previous visit making the trip even better. The beaches are great and the food is better than you get at most resorts. Already planning my next trip there next year.

3  Thank Reese1024

Dear Reese1024,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Iberostar Ensenachos we would like to thank you for your nice review. We all are hardworking people always seeking the best for all our clients. Should you choose our hotel, or some other Iberostar Hotels, for your next vacation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you all the best,

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Greeted with Champagne! WOW nice! The staff were amazing! Eraicy and Duglan were wonderful to us in the Buffet Dining room all week ( as were all the waitresses, waiters and cooks). The Lobby Bartenders/servers were very nice but Alexi was very nice. He took time to shake your hand and talk as well. Housekeepers were very good and the property maintained by very talented gardeners. The bellboys were very good to us. You never went hungry, and the fish, chicken, baked breads and ice cream were exceptional!! The beach was beautiful, clean and we were taken care of by wonderful staff. whether they were cleaning off a lounger, or serving drinks, it was all good! Evenings were filled with musical entertainment from the locals plus the theater had a musical each night! Very talented folks indeed!!! My only complaint is that it was quite a walk to get to the beach, or to the main lobby for food. Travailing with someone in a wheelchair proved to make beach going for her impossible, so she never saw the beach. It was also a long ways to go in a wheelchair for her. But all in all, I was happy with my vacation and miss all the folks at Ensenachos! Thanks for a memorable trip!!!

Room Tip: If you cant walk long distances, ask for a room closer to the main Lobby and perhaps for go the beac...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Fiteflybug,

All the staff and Management team at Iberostar Ensenachos wants to thank you for sharing your comments and experience with us and other readers. We are glad to know that you were able to enjoy our services, specially the staff and the beach. I will forward your review to all our Head of Departments; they will take you comments into consideration. We hope we can welcome you back again some day.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is our 4 th time back to this resort and it gets better every time. The staff is fantastic as always. SPECIAL thanks to Yaniel at the steak house. Alexander at the lobby bar and of course Roberto at the front entrance. You all made our vacation the best. Beaches are fantastic, snorkelling is execellent, considering you only need to walk in the water to take advantage of this feature. Be sure to take the bus to the market for 1 pesos and an added bonus is you get to view all the other resorts on your way back. Well worth it.
The food was really good and it is nice to see that they added a second toaster. Lots of variety and those fresh donuts every morning were to die for!!!
If you want peace and quiet, make sure you book on the spa side, there are lot of children in the lobby at night, so this is a nice quite place to relax. Not that many children on the beach as there is a really nice water park for them on the parc side of the resort.
If you are into exotic drinks, the lobby bar is the place to be....I don't think there was a drink they couldn't make. Try the Banana daquire very good.
I want to say a special thank you to Brenda, the champagne was very nice and we really appreciated it.
Rooms were very clean as is the whole resort! You will not get better than this anywhere in Cuba.
Thankyou to Rene, Lizzy at the spa pool and restaurant and Ceasar, in his yellow jacket for making this trip great. Great lunches! Really nice restaurant on the beach, lots of music and really good pizza.
The only thing I can think of that needs improvement, is to change the sofas in the lobby. They really have done their time and it is time to change them.

We will definitely be back next year. It is like coming home to see family. Go if you can, you will not regret it. The best place in Cuba!!

Room Tip: Spa side if you are travelling without children, ask for second floor and remember your bug spray

Dear Diane P,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your suggestions and comments about your stay at Iberostar Ensenachos, we are glad to know that you felt welcome since your arrival. We ewill forward your comments to Yaniel, Alexander, Roberto, Renee, Lizzy and Cesar they will feel proud to know that they helped to make your vacations a "lovely" one. I will take into consideration your suggestion about our lobby sofas, yes they are a little bit oudated. And thanks about he words on me it make me blush and u deserve it
We hope you can visit us again some day.

Regards,

Iberostar Ensenachos Cuba

This was our first trip to Cuba, and before choosing a resort I did a lot of research, reading Trip Advisor
feedback from past guests, from our Travel agent, and from people who had just returned.

The Positive..

Beautiful resort, five stars anywhere in the world.
The secluded buildings surrounded by lots of shrubs and trees give you a lot of privacy.
Our room was big and spacious, the bathroom also big, the shower just perfect.

Toiletries supplies never failed, we had everything.

Since this is a huge complex, it is a good walk to get to the main building where the buffet is,
however, there was always somebody around to give you a lift back & forth in the utility carts
or mini bus.
We found the food acceptable, we had salt & pepper at our tables, we heard other resort do not offer that.
The ‘’ A la carte’’ restaurants were perfect for a change. We also tried the Gourmet restaurant for a small additional fee.
The staff superb, in the dinning areas, services, SPA, gardeners, drivers, etc. A real pleasure to deal with them.
The resort has two beautiful private beaches, sheltered from the wind and waves by the natural bay.
Mégano & Ensenachos.
Mégano is closer to access, a real treat for the senses. Picture perfect. There we spent our favorite moments.
Lots of young families with small children enjoy this area.

The negative

We noticed that on Monday the buffet was poorer. No pancakes for breakfast and almost no fresh fruit.
Bananas just disappeared. The little fruit they had looked like left overs from the night before. Sad.
The Tuesday we left I got food poisoning at breakfast, I believe it was the fresh cheese I ate. I was sick all the way home
and for for a few days after we arrived.

Over all, I would go back to this place ( next time I’ll stay away from the cheese ). We had a very nice time and learned a lot about Cuban culture with the side excursions we took. If you have mobility issues, Trinidad is not the excursion for you, as the streets are very old and the cobblestones are quite uneven.

A perfect winter break

Room Tip: All rooms are good and secluded
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nonnita02

Dear Nonnita02,

On behalf of the staff I want to thank you for giving us your comments about your experience at Iberostar Ensenachos. We are pleased to have given to you a great holiday and encourage us to keep improving our services included the food. We hope to offer you again our hospitality whenever you decide.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Iberostar Ensenachos – you had me at Hola!

I just loved this place. We had been to Varadero in the past and though not wowed by the resort we stayed at then, it is a lovely area. This time however, I can honestly say we were wowed.

I always do my research before booking any all-inclusive resort so there really weren’t any surprises with this resort.

The rooms were lovely - separate bathroom with large walk in shower, large soaker tub, large vanity area and a separate room with the toilet. We requested a King size bed and were given exactly that upon check in. We stayed in the Park Suites section in bungalow #34. In my opinion this was a perfect location as it was close to the back road to Ensenachos Beach which is our favorite beach. My only complaint was the lack of view – there was a small patio (I think I would have preferred a 2nd storey room) with a table and 2 chairs but it was literally 2 feet from the mangroves - nothing at all to see. Plus our patio door was very hard to open and close. But really I can’t think of anything much to complain about. The towel art was beautifully done each day and on our 2nd last day our maid left a beautiful hand-written note to thank us for being her guests! What a nice touch! I will keep that note forever. The fridge was always stocked – lots of water left for us – never had an issue with lack of facecloths or towels or anything for that matter.

The walk – yes it’s a long walk to everywhere but I actually enjoyed the walks. We went every day to Ensenachos Beach as we preferred the more laid back, quiet beach to one with music constantly blaring and lots of people. Ensenachos beach was less crowded, we brought our own music and the water and sand are stunning! The wait staff will bring drinks no matter how far down you go (we liked to grab the last or one of the last palapas). Fabulous service and fabulous drinks!

The pools – both the family and the spa side pools were wonderful. We are not really pool people so we only went once to each pool to sit and read for a short time, but we loved the beach so much, it was difficult to pry us away from them. Great service at both pools, drinks were fabulous, chairs were made ready for us – wherever we wanted to sit – they would drag the chairs for us to a spot that we decided on! That is great service! I can honestly say I’ve never been to a resort before where they come over and clean off the chairs and carry them over bridges or drag them across the entire pool area to wherever you want to lie. Nice touch.

Restaurants –
The Asian and the Steakhouse were both still closed for renovations so I cannot comment on them …
We went to the Seafood Restaurant and had the Surf ‘N Turf … I liked it but my husband did not. The steak was not very good but as someone else said, you don’t go to Cuba for the beef. The Calamari was fantastic.
We did the International Restaurant and this was my favourite. I just wish at the time that I was hungrier than I was. (I think we had a late lunch this day) I ordered the Chicken and Cheese dish (can’t remember the true name) and for dessert we both ordered the Raspberry Crepes Flambé. What a treat for us when they dimmed the lights and lit our desserts on fire! I was very impressed with the International Restaurant and wished we did that one twice. (We’ll know for next time as I truly believe there will be a next time)
The Italian was just so-so – nothing impressive at all.
The buffet was always good – always found something that I liked. They brought out whole roast chickens one night and you got to pick what part of the bird you wanted. It was delicious! The pasta station was excellent – and so were the pizzas. You could actually order a pizza fresh and they would make it while you waited. It was very good and reminded me a bit of the Gondola Pizza (my favorite) that we can get at home. Also one night, they brought out a freshly roasted turkey! That was on our last evening about an hour before we had to board our bus to go back to the airport so I never did get to try it, but it looked wonderful. Also that night there were freshly grilled lobster tails! Yum!
Their breakfast buffet was always good, but sometimes the omelet/egg station was a bit of a wait. It seems like any of the fresh food stations had line-ups so be prepared for that.
Snack bar was great … good pizza and not so bad burgers were always available in a pinch. I liked both pool restaurants for lunch.
Personally I found the food quite good at this resort, but I am not a picky eater.

We did not try any of the Spa services.

The lobby in the evenings was very entertaining – we went every evening after dinner and watched the entertainment. But my absolute favourite of the entire resort was listening and talking to Yilian – the piano player in the piano bar. She is a true gem of a gal and we loved talking to her. Her husband is also a musician at the resort and we got to meet him one night too. The service in the piano bar is also second to none. There is a husband and wife serving duo but I cannot remember their names. They were so wonderful and we so very much enjoyed our evenings there. I can honestly say we would return to this resort BECAUSE OF YILIAN AND THE REST OF THE STAFF IN THE PIANO BAR.

Rosie the resort dog – loved her and her “boyfriend” but I really hope one of them is or gets fixed otherwise there are going to be puppies. I loved how tolerant the guests were towards the two dogs. One evening when Rosie decided she wanted to hang out in the lobby, she jumped up on a chair at a table with a couple sitting. She just proceeded to go to sleep amongst the guests, the waiters and waitresses and the music. Everyone was stopping to take pictures – so cute. Rosie’s boyfriend (not sure if he has a name but I started to call him Cheeko) is very shy and will not let anyone touch him. He came and sniffed my hand one evening and even followed us as we walked up and down the beach one day, but would not let us get too close. He is sweet though. I never noticed many cats when were there (January 18 – 26) so perhaps they got “rid” of some of them  as I heard they were considering doing.

We took the double decker bus to the Pueblo one day and did some shopping and had a few beers on an outdoor patio. It was nice to spend a beautiful day seeing a bit more of the area. Also arranged for a tour of the new resort – The Royalton – and it was very impressive. Small” adults only” that was very beautiful but we didn’t really like the beaches of Cayo Santa Maria – we loved the Ensenachos beach at our own resort so much that we likely would not stay anywhere else now. However, we may re-consider when the other new resorts open up as they appear to be away from the main beaches of Santa Maria. We just don’t like crowded beaches.

In a nutshell – I loved this resort so much and I think even my husband really liked it. We have so far only once ever returned for a second visit to a resort we loved but I think I’ve found my new favourite place with the Iberostar Ensenachos. I have been home for 2 weeks and already miss the place and the people so much. In my opinion the staff is what makes or breaks a resort and the staff at Iberostar excels at their jobs. Always smiling, always happy … I don’t know how anyone wouldn’t love these people too. I fell in love with Iberostar Ensenachos and I fell in love with all the workers. The maids, gardeners, chefs, wait staff – all of them were so friendly.

Yes Iberostar Ensenachos – you definitely had me at “Hola”

Room Tip: Bungalow 34 was close to the back road leading to Ensenachos beach
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kat58

Dear Kat 58,

Thank you so much for taking part of your time and write us about your recent stay at Iberostar Ensenachos, we appreciate all your comments, we love that you have been a wonderful stay here among us, we work hard in order to all our guests feel themselves like home. We hope to have you again among us in the future and offer you even a better service.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The resort is massive and you feel like you're walking through a botanical garden. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. Lots of plants, shrubs, flowers, palms, with lots of signs to indicate the name and family of most plants. Some of the pathways are raised on pylons to protect the native vegetation and the many animals and birds, well worth the effort!
There are 2 beaches Megano and Ensenachos. Megano is closer to the main lobby and it's a nice beach with good fine sand. Ensenachos beach you have to experience in person to believe it! Almost 2km of fine white sand and topaz waters. The east side of the beach, along the rock wall, is ideal for snorkeling.
I've found the food to be better than many other places in Cuba. Not a huge variety but I liked the cheese and the ice cream :) I've heard the meat was pretty good too. Lobsters are served at Punta del Pirate and I've heard they are really good.

The few not-so-good things we've ran into are, in no particular order:
1. General hygiene. Marble tiles floor in the room was cleaned daily but the couple carpets next to the beds were filthy. The duvets were plain dirty and stinky, we had to remove them from the room. Unacceptable for a 5-star resort.
2. The main pool was missing quite a few tiles from the bottom. The pool and beach chairs though were brand new and very comfy.
3. At the reception the weather report was never updated. If you walk into the reception and are lucky enough that someone will actually talk with you, you'll find that there is another place where "they may have an updated weather report".
4. If you are a vegetarian, I hope you like french fries and salad or pasta. Not much else you can eat. One day they had black bean soup. Also the a-la-carte restaurants are not vegetarian friendly but the stuff there will go the extra mile to help.
5. I hope you like the sun because you'll find very little shade on the beach. No umbrella either. None. The few gazebos need a refresh.
6. Last but not least, being in the middle of the jungle, the resort sprays insecticide at least 2 times a day. Around the pool they spray while people are there. Not kidding! If you don't like it you better bring a gas mask or go to the pool after 10AM.
7. Entertainment is poor. Dancers are mediocre even for resort entertainment expectations and costumes are worn out, socks have holes. Singers are trying their best but between poor microphones and too loud music, their voices sound very weird.

We enjoyed our time there so I wanted to end with a positive note. The kids entertainers had a pretty cool idea and developed shows that involve guest kids in appropriate roles. My girl had a very good time getting ready for the shows with all the costumes and makeup.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Brenda C, General Manager at Iberostar Ensenachos, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Mrs. Daniel,

We would like to thank you for taking your time to express your opinions and thank you for letting us know. Our clients’ comments are very important to us and we sincerely value them. They will assist us in better serving our guests in the future. I will make sure that this comments get all the departments at the resort. A per the bug spary u r correct we do spary twice a day one on the early morining around 7-7:30 am and the other by night when mosquitoes and jejenes area coming out. Unfortunately we can not change the times as this is an outside company that make the srevice per all the hotel in both keys therefore the time thatthey give us is that but just as note it is not toxic. On regards ths sunshade we are working hard to finished them.We apologize for all your inconveniences and we appreciate all your comments, because allow us to improve our services and we work hard in order to all our guests feel themselves like home.
We hope to have you again among us, to provide you the service you deserve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Ensenachos
#11 of 16 in Cayo Santa Maria
Starfish Cayo Santa Maria
Starfish Cayo Santa Maria
#7 of 16 in Cayo Santa Maria

Been to Iberostar Ensenachos? Share your experiences!