After 30 years of travelling the Caribbean Islands, six times in different parts of Cuba, I forget how genuinely friendly, helpful, affectionate and honourable, the Cuban people are. There are not enough positive adjectives to describe their good nature and attitude toward life.
Our trip duration was October 23 to November 6, 2012. We had the pleasure of experiencing Hurricane Sandy, a hospital visit, wall to wall children and no beach for most of the vacation. Regardless of these mishaps, the Cuban people made sure we had a good time anyways.
-beautiful beach once it was restored
-outstanding service and camaraderie in the buffet dining room (Thank you Pavel, Annia, Dragna, Ayemeisy Axel and Ariel in the seafood restaurant).
-The Megano “adult” quiet pool was a saviour for us especially when I was sick.
-The International Restaurant had the tastiest “hottest” food
-Our room 4120 was excellent, well appointed, very spacious, efficient shower, stocked amenities, King size bed, 110 volt outlet on hair dryer (the rest was 220 volt), very close to Megano Beach, Family Pool and International Restaurant.
-The weather, not taking into account Hurricane Sandy, was beautiful; sunny, always breezy, not humid, light sweater at night time recommended.
-Megano Beach, once it settled down, was ideal for swimming; crystal clear, fairly warm, shallow, minus debris and rockery, white sand, beautiful walks.
-For the first time in a long time, the entertainment committee encouraged us to participate in easy party games and chess around the Megano pool. Kudos to Javier and Pedro! Thank you to Zaidy and Damarys for lifting our spirits with laughter.
-A must for us is lots of shade. The Megano pool had many majestic palms and the Megano Beach had many palapas before the storm.
-excellent hospital, pharmacy and staff nearby
-Hotel banking system and teller are excellent. Exchange at the hotel because they have a good rate and lots of $1.00 bills for tips.
-beautiful, tropical grounds with exotic flowers, shrubs and shaped topiaries; outstanding, hard working gardeners
-toddlers and pre-school children were everywhere, even the a la carte restaurants, late at night
-very few singles if you were looking for a connection
-Tourists were mainly French, Eastern European, and Spanish speaking; managed to socialize with two English speaking couples.
-Good variety of food in the buffet and à la carte restaurants but the food was not hot in the buffet unless you had something cooked on the spot for you.
-Bring repellent and After Bite! The bugs, mosquitoes and no Seeums come out early morning and dusk.
-Go to your doctor or Travel Clinic and bring antibiotics-Cipro for infections if you are prone to inflammatory problems: hence my trip to the local hospital for additional help.
-dogs and cats are still running rampant in the restaurants; kids love them, they probably keep down the pests but not an acceptable dinner companion.
As you can see, there are more Pros than Cons. This was not the best trip we have ever taken but it won’t detour us from visiting Cuba again. The friendly Cuban people, the safe feeling you have, the usually ideal weather will encourage us to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the impressive Cayo Ensenachos, Cayo Ensenachos brings all the Cuban flavour to some of the most exclusive Caribbean beaches. Holidays in Cayo Ensenachos are always great. The area features two exclusive, beautiful and quite unknown beaches. Kilometers of golden sand waiting for you and facing the turquoise-shaded ocean. Two of the beaches are bound to captivate you: Megano and Ensenachos. The heavenly beaches and the luxury hotels and resorts in Cayo Ensenachos, offer anything you might think of. Rest is only one of the attractions you'll enjoy if you spend your holidays in Cayo Ensenachos, one of Cuba's most exclusive destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Iberostar Ensenachos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel Cayo Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Cayo
- Royal Hideaway Ensenachos
- Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos Hotel