All reviews the pub the cottages rice lake outdoor pool on site bedroom cottage games room steak girls weekend wine tasting full kitchen couch potato fish wagon ride soup my sister jacuzzi tub
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2019

This lovely resort hosted our 2019 Family Day Weekend for 9 adults and 6 small children under the age of 5, as well as 2 beloved dogs. The accomodations in the 3 cabins we rented were comfortable and clean and we really enjoyed many lovely fires. The food was wonderful and the wait staff were so caring and kind in seeing to our needs. We even had a birthday cake prepared with custom hockey themed icing for my 3 year old grandson. All of us enjoyed a wonderful Sunday evening BBQ buffet and the music of a local country band. There were wonderful walks, skating and toboganning. The children and the adults also enjoyed the pool , hot tub and spa. Cooking decorating and a wagon ride were big hits with all the children. This was our second trip to this resort and we are looking forward to our next visit. We cannot praise the facility and its staff highly enough. The little ones are already asking to return!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Greg E, Owner at Elmhirst's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Hello Henny,

Thanks very much for bringing your loved ones to Elmhirst's for Family Day Weekend and thanks for taking the time to share such kind thoughts about your stay. Entertaining family groups who enjoy each others company so much and being part of the fun is always a highlight for people in the resort business. We were all thrilled to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.

Best wishes until we meet again!

Reviewed October 25, 2018

My wife and I stayed at Elmhirst on the couch potato package. We really enjoyed it. The food was excellent and the surroundings were just the place to rejuvenate ourselves. The staff were some of the most genuinely friendly and helpful I have come across in years. Would definitely put this on the list of places we would go back to.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tourist456403
Reviewed October 19, 2018

I spent a very brief stay at this resort last week while on a business trip and I was completely overwhelmed by what it has to offer. The cottages which are really comfortable and homely sit on the most stunning lake and my first impression was that I wish my family could have been there to enjoy it with me and I will most definately be returning in a leisure capacity as soon as I can. This resort felt like a home away from home with complete tranquility and I can image having a week here would offer complete peace. There are wonderful facilities onsite from indoor and outdoor swimming pools, wine tasting, stunning walking trails and the amazing option to fly on their onsite seaplane to view the amazing area from the sky. I can honestly say for anybody who loves the outdoors and wants a cottage right on the waterfront this property will not disappoint. Peter, Anne and all the family whom run this resort are the most hospitable hosts I have ever experienced in my decade in travelling extensively with my job. I would reccommend to anybody looking to have a proper switch off holiday whom love nature.

2  Thank YvonneK1979
Reviewed October 13, 2018

We went there as a substitute for our cancelled visit in San Diego, but it turned out that this visit helped to achieve the same goal of doing some soul searching and cleansing. Here's what has worked: being by the waterfront with our own dockyard, living in a 3 bedroom cottage and paying for the price of two persons simply because this is the smallest cottage they have, enjoying a panoramic view of the Rice Lake on top of one of the trails on campus, eating delicious healthy food like duck wrap within budget, getting top notch service from staff who would make suggestions about details to us before we even thought of them.
Our only recommendation is that they provide better maintenance for the trails in the woods, and especially when the bushes on the majority of the trails are up to our knees.

2  Thank goodtime4
Reviewed September 28, 2018

I was only recently informed of the review written on August 3, 2016, regarding our last trip to Elmhirst’s Resort. I will start by saying that the review is the opinion of one individual in a large group and does not represent the opinions of the entire group.
Our cabins were far apart from each other only because we, not the resort, had made a mistake and booked the wrong dates for our get together. We effectively showed up with no reservations and as such were very fortunate to have any cabins at all for the first night.
The very busy staff went out of their way to find us accommodation and, rather than leave us standing out in the street, they allowed us entrance to cabins before house keeping had time to properly set them up.
When informed that we planned to play horseshoes the owner of Elmhirst opened up and groomed the horseshoe pits for our group exclusively. If that is not great service I do not know what is.
Members of our family have made several visits to Elmhirst over the years and would recommend the resort to anyone thinking of visiting.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank ChrisM1802
Greg E, Owner at Elmhirst's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your vacation at Elmhirst's Resort. I believe there is always a bit of teamwork between an innkeeper and the guest to make great stays happen. Sometimes a little extra work is needed from the innkeeper and a little extra trust and understanding from the guest. The result is a long lasting relationship like the one we have with you. We appreciate your trust and understanding and we truly value the relationship.

Constructive feedback is also always welcome at the resort. New experience development, renovations, and staff training/communication efforts usually have guest feedback and anticipation of guest needs at their core. Without the feedback this process would never work.

Thanks again for your support and we hope to see you again soon!

Best wishes until then....