“Inexpensive and large quantities”
Review of Smith's Motel & Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smith's Motel & Restaurant
Winnipeg, Canada
“Inexpensive and large quantities”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had breakfast twice and lunch once. The servers were friendly and quick. The food is the usual cafe fare but quantities were large and prices reasonable. The chowder was very good as were the eggs for breakfast.

• Visited August 2012

Eastern Canada
“Attitude requires improvement”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I hadn't been there in years but thought I would stop in. What I ordered was different from what I got...I guess that's not really their fault, although they could have been more specific in their menu, I expected "Western ground beef with your choice of potato" to be like a hamburger gravy, small pieces of meat and gravy OVER potatoes or fries, not two small tough meat patties drowned in large chunks of onion next to some mashed potatoes. I guess they should have had the word PATTY in their description, but the server was particularly uncaring. The meat tasted pretty good but was tough to cut, for ground beef anyway. She also didn't bother to bring our appetizers til the whole meal was ready, and then said "Oh, I suppose I should have asked you if you wanted those first". She also repeatedly forgot my tomato juice and never offered a refill on ice water. The carrots with the meal were cold and tasteless. Not particularly interested in going back.

• Visited September 2012