“A great place to stay”
Review of Crubenbeg House

Crubenbeg House
Ranked #4 of 13 Newtonmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2014

There are no negatives I can think of for our stay at Crubenbeg House. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and were made to feel at home as soon as we arrived. We bought our dog with us and it was her first trip away staying anywhere other than a tent. John and Irene made the dog feel very welcome as well (and even spared a sausage for her in the morning).
We sat and had a glass of wine in the evening and the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. The breakfast was absolutely amazing - we highly recommend the pancakes.
Overall, our stay was faultless and we would love to stay again.
Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle M
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Michelle, Thanks very much for bringing Colin & Eva to stay with us - it was great to see you all. We are well pleased that Eva survived her first Guest House night away - I think it was the gravy bone bribery that won the day, plus the sausage, of course.

Thanks, too, of course, for taking the time to pen your review, we shall try to keep the standrads up next time we see you all. Bye for now, John.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Most of the other reviews here say it all, but I must add our recommendation to stay with John and Irene.

They are lovely people who obviously get a real buzz out of what they do and I can't thank them enough for a brilliant 2 night break. So good in fact we ended up staying 2 nights after only booking 1!

My other top recommendation is to dine at the guest house while your there too, excellent food freshly prepared by Irene and very reasonably priced for 3 courses.

Everything was spotlessly clean and tidy and nothing was too much trouble to make our stay more comfortable.

We are sure to return when visiting the area and you really can't go wrong staying here!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoaandBrenda
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

" B and B", Your very kiind words about your recent stay with us are much appreciated, thank you. Such sentiments make what we do here at Crubenbeg so much more worthwhile. We very much enjoyed your company and are well pleased that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. Until next we meet, thanks again for taking the time, John.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

From arrival to departure John and Irene made us feel truly welcome and looked after! They took us in with open arms and we got a great introduction to the area and the surroundings as of what to do and see. The B&B was very clean and great furnished. The hosts offered great breakfast options that suited our taste (me being from Sweden and my partner from Scotland) Simply a "home away from home" We are defiantly coming back! Thanks a lot for the great hospitality! Jeanette and Mick xx

• Stayed: April 2014

Jeanette & Mick, many thanks indeed, for taking the time to pen your review about your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we are well pleased that the skiing went well too. We look forward to seeing you again soon and, of course, wish you both good luck for your Big Day in August. Thanks again, John.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

What a fantastic b&b! John and Irene are really nice people and make you feel so welcome. From the minute we arrived we were greeted with a smile and a laugh. Everything was excellent. The room was lovely and spacious. The bed was so comfortable if it wasn't for my alarm I would probably still be there!! Breakfast was amazing with lots of choice. I had pancakes and berries, they were delicious. Location is great and we were given good directions to find it too. I can't recommend this b&b enough, I really really 100% recommend staying here. I will definitely return if I am in Scotland again! Thank you very much John and Irene for your outstanding hospitality :o)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank champkis
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Champkis,

I have to say that we, too, enjoyed your stay with us, for which many thanks.

It is very kind of you, taking the time to write this review. We would like to say that we couldn't agree more nor could we have put it better ourselves.

But that would be very, very immodest of us wouldn't it? And that simply not like us.

So we'll simply say, once again again, "Thank you."

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just returned from 2 nights staying with John and Irene at their B & near Newtonmore. We had a lovely stay, great sized ensuite room with fab views (osprey). We brought Coco, our little Lhasso pup, who also enjoyed the grounds and all the attention. Great breakfasts, wide choice, certainly sets you up for the day. John and Irene are very friendly, knowledgeable about the area and are very keen to make you welcome in their home and chat away whenever they bump into you. Great base to explore the Highlands whether you are a walker, skier or just want to relax and sightsee. If we had any feedback to aid future improvements it would be to upgrade and modernise some of the slightly dated furniture in the lounge and bedding, although everything was spotlessly clean and comfortable. We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014
CrubenbegHouse, Owner at Crubenbeg House, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to pen your kind words - much appreciated. We enjoyed looking after the 3 of you, of that there is no doubt.

You'll be pleased to know that new bed linen is on order - it will be in situ for our new season.

All the very best.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Once again John and Irene didn't disappoint. Last year we stayed 4 days but we had a 5 day stint this time. Again our room never had an ounce of dust present and it was so quiet, even though you can see the A9 in the distance. Our brekkie's were truly amazing, if you can manage a four course breakfast that is. I know I did. The 'Osprey' room is just fab. Shame they didn't have a 'scarlets' or 'dragons' room giving that John is a little bit of a rugby fan. The, 'sleep like a baby' king size h-h-huge bed was great and the odd steaming hot bath was needed after a long day too. So all in all Andrea and I thought this years stay was better than last years, and that was hard to beat be anyone's standard. Thanks for the long chats, the whiskies, the banter, the needed scrumptious packed lunch and most of all just giving us the opportunity to remain ourselves, relaxing with the company of such real nice genuine people. Roll on 2014's stay. Anyone who does not enjoy their time or stay at Crubenbeg, needs a check-up from the neck up. Another perfect stay in a perfect location. Glad to be review 100. Well deserved.
Thanks

Room Tip: The Osprey room is the best room. Quiet as a mouse. You can see the A9 but you cannot hear it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason H

J & A, Many thanks, as ever, for your extremely kind words, much appreciated. We are delighted that it is your good selves who had the "honour" of writing our 100th review on here. We suspect that you were hanging on - and hanging on!!! Looking forward to seeing you later this year. Until then, all the best & good luck for the 6 Nations!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Crubenbeg House is spectacular. It was our last stop on a whirlwind roadtripping tour of Scotland and what a way to end it! John greeted us so sweetly and showed us (I traveled with my husband and another couple) around the building, joking with us and letting us know more information about our rooms and the area. He recommended a great spot for dinner and called ahead to make the reservations.

The property and rooms are lovely. I especially enjoyed the Jolomo paintings in the common area as they had captured my imagination earlier on our journey. The beds were certainly the most comfortable we had on the whole trip!

By chance, we stayed in a handicap accessible room. I was so happy to see it! As an American living in Europe and someone who has family members with mobility limitations, I'm regularly notice that lack of accommodating facilities on this continent. I understand the reasons for this, but I certainly took notice and I'm happy to know that my loved ones would have a place to go in the heart of Scotland.

Finally, breakfast was outstanding. We had a fun time chatting with John, Irene, and a pair of guests from Australia. Get the layered pancakes. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Saniya423

I have to say that we wish you'd been able to stay a little longer too, so much did we enjoy your comapny, thank you. Until next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtonmore
Columba House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Newtonmore
The Glen Hotel
The Glen Hotel
#1 of 3 in Newtonmore

Been to Crubenbeg House? Share your experiences!