“Pipers Cottage stay relaxation at it's best!!!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Pipers Cottage

Breathtaking view
Bedroom
Stunning in the snow
Log burning fire
Garden with hot tub summer house
Lounge
Entrance Driveway
Kitchen
Twin Gallery Bedroom
Welcome Stone
Lounge
Garden in the snow
One of the stunning views from the garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Mark1975Q...
“Pipers Cottage stay relaxation at it's best!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Myself and my wife stayed at pipers Cottage for 3 nights for my 40th birthday. Having such hectic lives I was looking for somewhere that was peaceful and secluded. I stumbled across Pipers Cottage by accident one night and booked it straight away. It did not disappoint. The mixture of old style cottage with mod cons such as wifi and sky TV was just perfect. The cottage was small but we'll equipped exactly what I was looking for. The extra large Hottub in the garden summer house next to the cottage was fantastic and visited that daily. The town of newtonmore was about a 10 minute drive from the cottage and has a decent sized coop for anything required. I would definitely recommend this to anyone especially for couples looking for a getaway although does have a couple of single beds and sofabed for kids or extra guests. All in all I will definitely be looking to go back. If you come across this don't hesitate or look elsewhere just book it!!!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Wully P
“loved this wee cosy cottge”
Reviewed August 10, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Awesome!! Pipers cottage is perfect for a quiet get away. We stayed for a eek end and never left. The scenery is fab and the hot tub is the icing on the cake. Also the owner is very friendly and extremely helpful. Definitely going back.

Wendy P
“fabulous little cottage”
Reviewed August 10, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Just back from a 3 night weekend break, little quant cottage with everything u need for a very quiet, peaceful relaxing break, loved the outside firepit a most of all the hot tub. Will recommend this to all my friends and family x

Jan W
“Lovely cottage but if your tall avoid ”
Reviewed August 7, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Me and my partner booked this cottage for a few days to get away from our busy lives. The cottage it's self if lovely however if your taller than 5 foot 5 I would say mind you head. It is located on a busy road and as it has single glazing you can hear the traffic, there were a lot of lorries driving up and down. The cottage is a Two up two down, and has a kitchen /living room in one, with everything you need, bar a washing machine, there is Sky TV, DVDs and games. One sofa which was very in comfy as its a pull out bed also and a single chair. It sleeps 4 so not sure where the 4th person would sit. There is also a dining table folded away that you can use too but we didn't take
It out, as trays where also provided. The bathroom is little and has an electric shower, however at 5 foot 4 I did struggle to get my head under the shower head as it was very low down, the cottage dose have low ceilings. We only got one set of towels for 5 days, don't know about anyone else I would have like a few more towels. The cottage has no central heating, but storage heaters and electric radiators, also an open fire, we didn't use the fire as the cottage was warm Enough when we where there, but I would think in winter it would be cold as is an old stone cottage. Upstairs (very steep more like step ladder) there is two single beds and a double room, the double room has a TV that is linked to the TV in the living room. There is two sets of drawers up stairs but no hanging room for clothes. Bed comfy and plenty of bedding electric blanket etc. there is wifi also available all included in the price. The cottage was clean, had some what looked like burns in the carpet down stairs and cream carpet in living room could do with a shampoo.
Outside there is a lovely table for sitting at and eating. There is a tyre swing and a hot tub in a summer house. BRING MIDGE REPELLENT! The hot tub sits 6 and also has a TV in the summer house that you can link sky too. Unfortunate the hot tub seem to have some sort of scum round the edge where the water sits when we where there, not sure if it's normal but it put us of using the hot tub which was a shame as it a lovely tub with lights and jacuzzi etc. bathrobe provided but no extra towel so also a bit of a .
However did we enjoy our stay? Absolutely, would we go back? maybe, the busy road really did put me off, and the hot tub. Has lots of character and is very cosy. Have a look and make your mind up.

I would say the cottage is most suited to couples. The stairs are very steep and I would be worried a child may fall down them.

MissB8888
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely Minimoon”
Reviewed July 25, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Stayed for four nights as a wee treat after our wedding. The cottage is cosy in a lovely rural location. It was very clean and tidy and had everything we needed. There was lots of helpful information around the cottage to help you during your stay. The living room was very comfy and we enjoyed lighting the fire with the logs provided. The hot tub with the sky TV was a perfect way to relax and a great bonus. We were a bit wary of the height due to reviews on here but my husband is 6,4" and he had no issues with this. The cottage is in a good location with a range of places to eat in Newtonmore (15 mins away). We would love to book this cottage again! Thanks for a great stay!

Murray A
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday Cottage - Ideal for a quiet getaway!”
Reviewed June 25, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Stayed at the cottage for 2 nights and absolutely loved every minute of it! The cottage is extremely well equipped, and felt very homely upon arrival. The hot tub was also a huge bonus and the perfect way to wind down and get into the holiday spirit!

I was slightly concerned (due to other reviews) that I may have problems due to the low ceiling heights, being 6ft 5" tall myself! However I don't feel it impacted my stay in any way, and only added to the cosy feel of the place.

Would thoroughly recommend!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I found the cottage to be extremely peaceful
Liked least: Leaving, would definitely choose a longer stay next time!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dale H
“Very relaxing, beautiful setting.”
Reviewed June 7, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The cottage has everything you need for a quiet holiday, the hot tub was a great extra. Beds are comfy, shower hot and kitchen facilities excellent. Loved the log fire!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing