“Letterbox Restaurant”

Letterbox Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Newtonmore
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fettercairn, United Kingdom
“Letterbox Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I came here on our wedding anniversary and loved it. The food is freshly prepared on the premises by the chef/owner and was absolutely delicious. You can choose from set or a la carte menus. I am vegetarian and got a set menu with lots of choice. My husband chose from the a la carte menu and was not disappointed. The service could not be faulted and was very discreet but attentive. Very reasonable prices for the quality of food on offer. I would even rate this as one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. The only bad thing I could say was that it is not close enough to home that we could dine there more often!

Visited March 2013

“FANTASTIC!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Staying at a local hotel. Drove past in the afternoon and stopped to look at the menu. Owner/ Chef was inside and came outside ( 4deg) and gave us an overview of the menu then a rundown of the specials. went in that evening with no reservation and had great speedy service. Both of us had the Steak which was the best ever ive tasted and the pepper sauce was great. could definatley show larger town/Cities a thing or two.

Birmingham
“High Quality Food in the Cairngorms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Really great little place serving up absolutely delicious dinners. The Letterbox is a small but classy dining establishment, serving great food at a reasonable price. I had a venison steak with a red wine jus and my partner had a savoury seafood pancake. The dishes are made from local ingredients, but each dish is unique and not like anything you may find in any nearby pubs. My steak was cooked absolutely perfectly and the jus was the perfect complement. I had planned on having dessert however, had no room after the main meal! The food is all freshly cooked to order. From what I could see there was the chef in the back cooking and infront a lovely young lady waiting all the tables. Amazingly, with only two people, no hold ups or waiting and the food was cooked perfectly and timely. I like supporting local trade and small independent businesses and this is truly a good example of such. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
Newtonmore, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We came to the letterbox for our work christmas meal on Friday, The food was extremely good, you could tell that it was all freshly prepared and homemade,which makes a big difference! Great portions too,not too small like in some restaurants with that standard of food! Waitress was very helpful and kept an eye on us and made sure we were always with a full glass. Can't complain about this restaurant attal. An idea would be to possibly have a proper cocktail menu available for those girly nights!

• Visited December 2012
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“A gem in the heart of Newtonmore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Having walked up and down Newtonmore and Kingussie on several occassions looking for somewhere that isn't tartan and traditional or the local pub we came across the Letterbox Restaurant. The first time we popped in it was full and there were no tables available that night but it looked good. The next time we were in the area mountain biking we booked on the Saturday evening for a meal and weren't disappointed. It was delicious! One waitress was managing to serve the whole restaurant single handedly and very efficiently with a smile and some conversation - faster service than most others I have been in recently. The relaxed atmosphere was most enjoyable and we will definitely be going back.

• Visited October 2012