“Don't bother...”

The Boat House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boat House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 45 Restaurants in Chertsey
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, European
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: If you are looking for a quality restaurant in Surrey, then it's time to check out the Boat House Bar and Restaurant at The Bridge Hotel Chertsey - fine riverside dining on the River Thames. It's always a good sign at a hotel when there's a gathering of local people enjoying the hospitality as well as guests. We value our reputation for great value, atmosphere and a varied menu of English and Continental classics amongst the people of Chertsey, just as much as our UK and international visitors. THE BOAT HOUSE CARVERY Tuck in to a great selection of succulent meats, crispy roast potatoes & fresh vegetables at The Boat House Restaurant. Our Carvery offers the finest Roast Dinner in Surrey and is not to be missed. So why not bring the family down and enjoy a traditional Roast, just the way you like it. Sunday Lunch (12-6pm): £10.95
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Don't bother...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Arrived just after 12. There was a small group of us, some were eating others weren't. I was going to stay for a quick drink and then shoot off... we were sat at table and left to sit with no menus etc for 15 minutes whilst the staff gathered around the bar nattering away before we were given menus etc. The staff member after delivering the menus quickly waltzed off not asking if we wanted any drinks in the mean time. A couple of minutes after yet another staff reunion by the bar he returned asking for the food order and drinks. Back to the bar he waltzed for another staff reunion whilst we waited for our drinks. By that time we were edging towards 12:25. I had to leave at 12:30 so I cancelled my drink and walked out. I might add that the restaurants had only a handful of people in it. I really do wish I had listened to the rumours and recalled the diabolical service I had received previously. A colleague who was part of the group has just returned to the office starving hungry as she had to leave cause her one hour lunch is over!

• Visited November 2013

Staines
“Great meal at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been here twice now in the last couple of months. As a vegetarian the Boat House offers a huge range of main meals to chose from. I had vegetable fajitas on one occasion and I think a halloumi and vegetable burger before? Both were fantastic though and there are still plenty of other appertising things I'd like to try. My gf is a carnivore and she was really pleased with her meal. Starter and deserts were also really good.

The interior inside is very nice and looks as though it has been recently refurbished and is well looked after... modern and stylish in appearance. The location on the river is pleasant also. The staff are very good, not being too intrusive but very polite and attentive when needed.

The restaurant is excellent value if you combine it with Tastecard discount Sunday-Thursday!

• Visited October 2013
Addlestone
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The boat house looks amazing after its re vamp and there is plenty of outside seating nect to the river too for those sunny days. The menu is varied with some traditional dishes as well as around the world choices too! The portions are more than adequate. There was a bit of a wait for food but no complaints when it came at all. The staff are friendly enough but could do with a little more training in 'how to smile'.
The restaurant takes taste card too during the week for up to 6 so this makes it very good value for money. I do feel it to be a little expensive otherwise.

Visited October 2013
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting, fantasic food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm a hard traveller to please as you can read from my other reviews, this hotel and restaurant was fantastic, the staff were brilliant, so nice and humble, you got the impression that they couldn't do enough, I'm not sure why so many bad reviews? Weirdos. The portions were humongous and nice!! A rarity anywhere. Eating breakfast looking over the river was something that especially liked, you don't get that at premier/holiday inns!

Definitely stay here, ignore any bad reviews.

The only gripe I have is the eastern lady on reception who said "I can't let you go if you don't pay" my company pay, not me. That's how it works, she actually quite annoyed me and I walked off ignoring her. But I won't let that destroy a really nice stay.

Visited September 2013
Surrey
“Nice place to eat & chill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Have eaten here a few times now since the refurbishment. At first I was not sure I like the spaced out feel of the place. But since eating a couple of times, I am feeling a little more comfortable with the venue. It is not far from me so is convenient for a quick drink or a meal with friends. My most recent visit last week was superb, good service and food was excellent.

Visited September 2013