“Food Experience Good - But Drinks Very Expensive”
Review of Crown Chertsey

Crown Chertsey
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Chertsey
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Visited with my daughter and her friend. Our meals were excellent and I have to say reasonably priced for what was presented.

However, the drinks are VERY expensive. I am not from the area, but if I was, then I would not be adding it to my list of drinking venues !

The staff were very friendly, if not a bit confused at times over whether food orders were being put on hold or not from the kitchen due to high demand.

2  Thank David L

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Crown put on live bands on Friday and Saturday nights I've been about 4 times now and seen different bands each time- all have been very good. We've had a great time and even got up to dance to a few of the songs. Each time we've had a good night out.

The atmosphere in the Crown has always been welcoming with a wide range of people who are all out to have a good night.

My only complaint about this venue is that it is overpriced. Both food and drinks are very expensive. I suppose its the age old 'chicken and egg' style question is the atmosphere so good because the high price drinks keep the riff-raff out?

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Living in chertsey we were familiar with The Crown and decided to try its restaurant for a father's day lunch. When we arrived the restaurant looked very quiet but on enquiring if we could get a table the waitress had to check with another member of staff who said he didn't have a clue what was going on with reservations. Anyway we got a table albeit with a wobble which the waitress sorted with a napkin, and it was also rather sticky. The menu wasn't very seasonal-considering it was June the menu was more like a winter one full of pies, sausages, and roasts. We were also shocked at the prices. We had to ask about children's size dishes as there was no mention on the menu. In the end we chose some of the more modestly priced dishes. My wife's white wine was room temperature and she had to to go to the bar to get a cold replacement. The food took quite a while to arrive. My pie, mash and veg was incredibly bland with no seasoning. My son's burger was dry and tough. My wife and daughter faired better. But for well over 50 pounds for four mains two lemonades and two alcoholic drinks we won't be rushing back as there are plenty of other choices in chertsey. PS today we got an email saying they have just launched their summer menu a day after our visit!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've eaten here twice now and both times were very good. The staff are really friendly and the food is really good. A nice range of dishes and the Crispy Gnocci are fantastic. I also had one of the burgers and it was really nice, not a really hard over cooked lump that I normally get in restraunts these days, but nicely cooked.

I would really recommend The Crown if you are in the local area.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We went here for a saturday lunch having had a few above average meals before, i ordered the pulled pork burger and my wife and daughter ordered normal burgers, mine was ok but the burgers were badly burnt, my wife for some reason ate hers despite continually complaining about it and thinking my daughter was being over fussy and complaining i told her to eat it anyway, she ate half after much complaint so i took a look and could not believe the piece of charcoal they had served up as a burger, obviously the kitchen are very limited in their culinary skills or they just do not care when they cannot even put a burger together, i tasted the burger and to be honest it was the most disgusting thing i have ever tasted. I complained and was told they would take the burgers off the bill and comp us some desserts, we had one dessert but the burgers were still on the bill, i complained and the very stroppy manageress who obviously answers these complaints on here with such grace and professionalism told me that was what had been agreed, it was not. Well good luck with your business you really are going to struggle when you cannot rustle up a burger and your customer handling skills are so poor , i will never go there again and i suggest you do not either.

I do know what happened to the staff this day but not one of them could barely crack a smile and they seemed like they would have rather been at there own funerals, no wonder you had no customers.

2  Thank Spenceraldred