“Very good, Certainly the best in Chertsey”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very good, Certainly the best in Chertsey”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed here for a month and I have to say it is very very good. A month is a long time to stay in the same establishment, trust me. Where to start, the rooms that I have been in are clean quiet and comfortable. Although it would be good to have a fridge in the room.

The bar and restaurant are also very good, especially have just been upgraded. The menu selection is very nice but could do with a larger selection of specials. The quality of the food is very good and I haven't had a bad meal yet, which for a month is something I couldn't say about a lot of other hotels. The standard of cooking is excellent and the restaurant appears to managed very well, even when busy, they have lots of staff.

The staff are pleasant and friendly, however there are some staff that really go the extra mile to give you the service which makes this place. If there is a problem, it is sorted quickly, professionally and normally with smile.

This is one hotel choice that for me was absolutely right. Everything is very good, but because I genuinely don't think there is a better hotel in Chertsey with such an all round service and experience, it deserved more than just a very good!

I look forward to my next stay......Monday!

Room Tip: There are lots of good rooms. I have found the staff very accommodating when checking in so ask them...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Crown has just finished a refurbishment to the original part of the building and what a great job they have done. The real ales are still there along with many guest ales but you would not know you were in the same pub.
We had a two course meal there from an updated menu, both courses were real nice and the price I would consider avarage going rate. Also the staff there are very helpful, which was not always the case in the past.
I will certainly be going back there very soon

I did not stay overnight so can not comment on the accomodation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed for my birthday and it was absolutely perfect people were so polite and friendly. The room was clean the staff were very helpful. I would definitely recommend it to all of my friends and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently spent the bank holiday weekend at "The Crown" and from the moment we arrived in reception on Friday afternoon until leaving Tuesday morning we was met by all staff warmly and with a smile, the staff are a real asset to the company, the room was spotless and the food excellent and with live entertainment each evening made for a most memorable weekend. I would be comfortable recommending the hotel to anybody.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

What a lovely hotel, refurbished and fresh, nice location, The very best thing I found about this hotel was its staff, from the very friendly receptionist and then all the other people I dealt with made the stay. would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wanstead, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed at 'The Crown' recently during a two day visit to Thorpe Park with the family and cannot fault.
Bit disappointed that the actual Youngs pub and restaurant were closed for renovation but the room was fabulous . . . 1 huge double and two fold out single beds (very handy - 1 x 14 year old girl and 1 x 11 year old boy!. breakfast was an apple, yoghurt, muffin and carton of orange juice each provided in a brown paper bag which was good (can't beat a full English tho . . .will have to go for that when I return! They also had the function room opened up as a bar so we were able to have a well earned pint / drink after the days exertions. Staff were really nice and attentive and when I next need to stay near will definitely head for the Crown.
P.s there is a big car park as well!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at the Crown at the end of their renovations. There's a good chance I would have scored the, higher if I'd been able to use the bar and restaurant. I saw these ready for use (the decorators left the same day as me), and it looks like they've done a really lovely job.
My room was nice, nothing spectacular, but clean, comfortable, and with nice toiletries in the bathroom.
I stay here for work and will be back in the future - better than other experiences in the area.
The staff I met were very polite and friendly, so good signs for return trip.

Room Tip: I'm told there are exec rooms which are worth the extra.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Bridge Hotel
The Warren Lodge Hotel
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Shepperton
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!