“Id stay again!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
leics
“Id stay again!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed for just the one night in Nov. A reasonable mid standard hotel. Not overly pricey. Not overly modern but certainly good value. Room decor a little dated but well maintained. Good central heating! Usual toiletries and towels. TV was a bit dated. Room was a little noisy. Nice bar area.
Breakfast was buffet style. Plenty of choice. Attentive staff who replaced empty serving dishes. Good central location for the town.
if i needed to, id definitely stay there again
Checkout on the day was a little slow. Only one staff member and it seemed the whole hotel was checking out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the communal corridor entrance for quiteness!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here whilst at a wedding so although we didn't spend too much time in the room we are glad we opted for the superior room as it was very spacious with a lovely bathroom. The bed was huge & the whole place was quiet even if we weren't! Shame breakfast on a Sunday is only until 10.15am. We had one towel missing & the shower wasn't very hot. All in all a good hotel in a nice location.

• Stayed February 2013
Warwickshire, UK
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days whilst at an exhibition at Sandown Park. It was booked for me, and when I checked the website, I thought it looked OK, but nothing more. However, I had a really enjoyable stay - the hotel is a lovely old building on a small street of shops and restaurants. Lots of secure parking for residents around the back of the hotel, so there isn't the headache of finding somewhere safe to leave your car during your stay.

Staff were without exception superb. They actually seemed to enjoy their job, and when you stay in as many hotels as I do with work, that's quite a rarity these days. Room was nice. Mine was a big room with a comfy king size bed, big plasma TV, desk & chair to work on, and a nicely appointed bathroom with a great shower, bath & nice complimentary smellies.

The bar area is the real selling point for me though. Comfy leather sofas in front of real fires, with well kept beer. What else do you need on a cold evening? Ate in the restaurant both evenings, and my colleague and I both commented on the quality of the food - good quality ingredients cooked very well. Breakfast was a similar affair - nice juices, pastries and cereals, and some good old fashioned favourites on the hot menu (kippers, eggs benedict etc), as well as the ever present Full English.

For info, the hotel is about 20 minutes from Sandown Park. We had other colleagues staying at typical bland chain hotels nearer to the venue, (dull and boring were how they described their hotel), but for the sake of another 10 or 15 minutes in the morning, I'd take somewhere like the Crown any day of the week.

I'd definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Guildford
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My daughters wedding was held at The Crown in November and the staff were brilliant and very helpfull from booking it up right to the day and also we stayed the night and the rooms were so lovely for the Bride & Grooms and the Bridesmaids room, food was very good and the DJ Pete was great.....Thank you to all at The Crown for making this special day go so well !!

Room Tip: Bridal rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brussels
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I travel for work quite often and lived in the UK for a year so I know what to expect from a local small hotel, normally.
The standard rooms should not be your first choice as they are in the old wing, very basic and quite in need of refurbishing (old rugs, split taps, tiny windows on parking view).

The superior wing is on the contrary quite well established and decorated, with spacious rooms and nice fittings.

The suite I have been given (700) was very noisy for some ventilation system running, so I would definitely prefer a lower category room, but quieter.

The pub and restaurant downstairs was a nice surprise: wooden finishings and high stools, nice selection of wines and beers (not the usual UK Fosters only!), real food to enjoy.

Room Tip: Take the superior wing, not the old one by any means! Suites on the top floor might be noisy for s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
York
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stay at the crown quite a bit due to business, I have never been disappointed with my room or breakfast. I was upgraded to a suite this week which had been newly decorated, really nice (thanks to the team at the Crown!). They served me food despite it being after 10pm, this place is traditional in the public areas with recently refurbished rooms being modern. It is one of the few nights away from home I enjoy. Couple of nice restaurants either side of the hotel if you're there for a few nights.

Room Tip: I like all the rooms but if you want a refurbished room they are in the block over the car park
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed for 1 night before a wedding at Botleys Mansion. Room was comfortable and clean, with simple yet stylish furnishings. Bed was very comfy. The phone in our room was missing which meant when we needed to speak to Reception late at night we had to walk outside (receptionist confirmed there should be a phone in every room). We were on the ground floor of the block adjacent to the bar, it was extremely noisy, with doors banging all night. Plenty of free parking on site. Had dinner, food was standard gastro-pub fare.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Bridge Hotel
Best Western The Ship Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!