“Great service and lovely quiet hotel”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great service and lovely quiet hotel”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for one night and had a twin room. Rooms were really claen and spacious. The staff were extremely attentive and very helpful. I would definitely stay again at this hotel again. Breakfast was lovely and made fresh to order and both check in and check out were seamless.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A visit to The Crown at lunchtime will not disappoint. Whether you are looking for a traditional English pint and a pie or something more from the restaurant then you will be well looked after by Tony and his team. The bar and restaurant menu changes daily - not just the date at the top - so even with regular visits you can find a new dish of the day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I didn't stay in the hotel, but Trip Advisor didn't give me the option to review only the restaurant, so please ignore the score for "Rooms".

I actually stayed at the nearby(ish) Holiday Inn whilst on a business trip, but couldn't face another night in a 4* hotel bar/restaurant, so ventured a little further afield on this occasion.

A colleague had recommended Bar163 in Chertsey, but it was bereft of customers, so I ended up next door at The Crown.

Since I was "Billy no mates" for the evening, I opted to sit in the restaurant area, entertaining myself with my newspaper and smartfone, whilst drinking a beer and eating dinner.

The first thing to say is that the service was excellent. The waitress - a lady called Jackie, I think - was polite, friendly and very helpful. She seemed to care about what she was doing. Even the standard "Is everything OK with your meal sir?" question actually sounded genuine.

The food was well cooked and well presented. I had a main course and - due to the good service - decided to stay and have a pudding!

The food wasn't particularly cheap, hence my mediocre mark for "Value", but the overall experience was very pleasant, due mainly to the efforts of the waitress.

In summary, I would say that if you are dining on an expense account - as it is a little pricey - and are looking for friendly service in a relaxed, informal atmosphere, then The Crown, Chertsey is well worth a visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I travel to Chertsey on a monthly basis and stay for 2-3 nights at a time. I love the atmosphere at the Crown with the friendly staff , great food and the refurbished rooms are fab, the beer is a bit expensive but I have found it to be the same in a lot of the hotels around the area. The rooms are always clean and great Value for money. If you like Salmon I would definitely recommend the Cajun Salmon it is fantastic.As per some of the comments here the Staff are a Young Team and I think it is great that they love what they do and work well as a team. as the Great Arnie once said (ok maybe in every film) I'll Be Back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I stay at the crown at least once a month as travel on business on a regular basis, I love staying here as the staff are so friendly and welcoming, nothing is to much. The hotel rooms are lovely especially the superior rooms. room 605 is my favourite. The drinks are slightly expensive but the surroundings are lovely! I recommend this hotel to all my colleagues.

milford
Reviewed September 25, 2012

just had to say what a lovely time i had at the crown with my family for my birthday we had a lovely lunch and the staff went out of there way to give us a fantastic day so pleased we spent this special day there, would tell any one that wants to be pampered to go here . thank you to all at the crown .

Room Tip: friends that stayed there before said they stayed round the back by car park and did not hear a thin...