“A Great Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Great Hotel!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stay at this hotel on a monthly basis while in Staines for work. The service i get when I stay at the crown is amazing, given the number of people who must stay here the girl (Sophia) on reception always remembers my name.

I have stayed in both parts of the hotel, the newer annex rooms have been refurbished to a great standard and room 702 is my favourite, although there is a room with 2 tv's somewhere in the building.

Breakfast has a good selection of cereal, danish pastries etc and plenty of cooked options which have changed each time I have stayed.

Drinks can be pricey if you drink spirits but lager is just a normal price for the area. They courtyard is amazing when the weather is nice to sit out in, even if it is slightly dangerous, with no clock I stayed up a little too late and drank a little too much so had a hangover the next day that stayed with me all day. Lesson learnt don't leave my phone in my room next time.

All in all this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Crown Hotel is in a great location for visiting Thorpe Park. The pub is very nice, beautifully decorated with a lovely beer garden which we luckily got to make the most of seeing as the weather was amazing during our stay! Rooms are nice, a good size and ours had tea and coffee making facilities.

All of the staff we encountered were very nice and friendly, always very helpfuly and wishing you a good time,

We did not have dinner in the hotel so cannot comment on that but the breakfast was ok - everything you would expect (full english breakfast, croissants etc). Only complaint is that although breakfast doesn't finish untill 10am, we went down around 9.15 only to find a near-empty buffet. Granted, this was re filled about 10 minutes later, but I feel the food should not have been allowed to run out in the first place.

Overally though, a very pleasant stay and we would certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are quieter, as some downstairs rooms lead directly on to the beer garden
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I did not had an opportunity to discover other hotels because my company booked it but quite accepable for one or two nights... My room unfortunately not good enough but I realized that a general maintenance was ongoing in that days

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bournemouth
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I and my daughter and son-in-law stayed at the Crown at the end of July ahead of a 60th birthday party. We have stayed here before and again the Crown did not let us down. Well placed in the centre of Chertsey and convenient for Thorpe Park and other attractions this is a very good pub with separate and comfortable rooms. There is a good outside area for when the weather is kind and a secure car park.

The pub is traditional and lively but not noisy, with a good range of beers and wines. There is also a good pub menu.

The rooms are comfortable, we stayed in the twin bedded 103 and the beds delivered a very good night's sleep.

Breakfast is buffet and, although this is not preferred for me, it was of good quality.

Particular merit goes to the reception staff who were friendly and efficient. When we stayed an Olympic road race was due in the area and I called the night before to see whether we would be subject to road closures. The receptionist did not know immediatey but she checked the internet and called me straight back. Great service and a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Me and my boyfriend booked this via the Thorpe Park website and we thought the hotel was really reasonable. If your going with a Thorpe Park break then this is perfect. Great location, we even walked there and back, probably only took us about 20 minutes to walk there. The hotel is situated in the middle of a town, so you still have shops, restaurants etc if you want to venture out the hotel. There's a Pizza Express right next door or fish and chips shop, takeaways. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. We had breakfast included which was really nice, the breakfast menu even had the days weather forecast at the top which we thought was a really nice touch.
All in all we really enjoyed our trip to Chertsey and would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chertsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Even though this is not the closest pub to us it is considered our local to both myself and my partner. We love this place so much we hardly venture elsewhere. The alcohol may be slightly more expensive compared to rival pubs but there is a clear reason for this!!

The décor is stunning! There is an extremely large TV outside, with lots of comfortable outside furniture, with a mixture of sofas and high tables and chairs, some of which are under a large wooden cover and surrounded by heaters (perfect for winter). Also great during any sports events.

They have amazing live bands on Friday and Saturday nights which creates such a great atmosphere, you really won't find any other place like it.

All members of staff, including the landlord and landlady are really welcoming, very friendly and extremely attentive! It is always my choice of place whenever I have a celebration, you are always made to feel really special!

I highly recommend the Crown Hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy a dinner, a few drinks or an evening stay in a beautiful, relaxed environment surrounded by lovely people!

x

Room Tip: The breakfast choice is amazing!! And if you are a veggie they cater for your needs so be sure to en...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sian B, General Manager at Crown Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you very much for a lovely review ,we take great pride in keeping our premises in good order and have pride in all that we do ,so to get such fab comments proves all our teams and our hard work is very worth while.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Booked dinner in the restaurant for a friend's retirement do, three weeks before the event. Three days before, they rang to say that their restaurant was booked out for a birthday party, so my booking would have to be cancelled. Apparently, so they said, the birthday had been booked before my booking had been taken. They offered a table in the bar, where a band would be playing. I accepted this, since time was short. I asked if there would be a price reduction and was given the short answer - "No". By now I was a little put out ( there had not even been an apology), so said "What, not even a free drink?" She went to ask the manager, who said we could have a free bottle of wine. Whoopdedo!
On arrival, we were shown to a wobbly, beer stained table. No cutlery or place settings, and five mismatched chairs - including two arm chairs - useless to sit at a table with. We asked for these to be changed, which they were.
The food (I had scampi, which was pre frozen and warmed up, tho' not much) was dreadful.
I will never visit the place again. There is no point booking if you have no idea whether the booking will be honoured.
I have never been moved to write a review before, and don't usually complain, but it was just awful.

Room Tip: Did not stay over - a blessing, I think.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sian B, General Manager at Crown Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Guest
We are very sorry to have caused you any inconvience on your visit ,this was due to miscommunication to what was available at the time of your booking and we apologise again for this.We do agree that if you book a table in good faith you would expect this to be honoured,this i am sure you agree we did ,just not in the area you requested.
We have spoken to all concerned over the issues you have raised and was very surprised by your comments re the food as the Wholetail scampi is one of our most popular menu items ,had your brought it to the attention of your waiter James on the night ,then he could have rectified it for your immediatly.
We are sorry if you felt the bottle of wine was not suffcient as you did appear pleased on the night and with regards to the furniture ,all of our premises has a mix of tables and chairs,this is the relaxed style at The Crown.
We do hope you reflect on your decision not to return, as i am sure you will see from many a review ,that this error is not normal for us to make and as i understand it ,you were here until quite late in the evening ,so from that i can only presume that most of your evening had been enjoyable.
We do hope to see you again and that you call in and give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Bridge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!