“Cheap eatery but expect a long wait”

Twynersh Hungry Horse
Ranked #38 of 48 Restaurants in Chertsey
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

As a family of four we visited this Hungry Horse over the Easter weekend following a day at Thorpe Park. The place was very full but we were told straight away at the door that the wait would be 45 minutes. We decided to stay anyway as the prices suited our pockets. The younger child (6) was delighted with the play area outside and this kept him occupied for the 45 minutes wait.

The food is fairly standard. My other half had the jumbo mixed grill and even though he stated that he wanted the steak well done, it arrived as medium. He mentioned it to the waitress and she offered to take it back and have it cooked again.

We had four meals and four drinks and the bill came to just under £40. If you want quality food and a nice, relaxed ambience then this is probably not the place to come to for a night out. However, if you want a value meal for a hungry family then this place will tick that box.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant as we were driving back home from a day out at Hyde park. We were both very hungry so we decided to stop there and what a mistake we made. My wife ordered the chicken new yorker and I ordered a steak. When it finally arrived after 45 minutes I found my steak left a lot to be desired. My wife's chicken had quite obviously been cooked and left on a hot plate for a while as it was so dry and so crispy on the outside we struggled to cut it even with my steak knife. I went up to the bar to complain and was greeted by a girl called Amy who seemed incredibly disinterested. All in all I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. Absolutely terrible.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Hadn't been for some time after really awful meal but wanted quick cheap meal and decided to try it. Guessing management has changed because freshly decorated and lots more staff (though really do need new chairs or to recover existing ones). Staff were friendly and service good. Food was excellent except that the lasagna I ordered had obviously been left on a hotplate as a result the bottom was dried and hard. I brought it to the attention of staff and immediately offered fresh meal of choice. Ok it took about 20 minutes and my friends had finished eating, but everything was freshly cooked and tasty. Top marks for value for money too. Welcome back Hungry Horse!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Really, unless you are down to your last £3, marooned, completely unable to make it to a sandwich shop in Chertsey... No wait, there is a greasy spoon caravan opposite in Car Land car park. Go there.

4  Thank Mike B
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had read some reviews on here and was a bit worried about going for a meal, how wrong some of these reviews are!!!
The staff were so friendly. Aimee who took our order was most helpful and recommended a few items on the menu which was extremely helpful as we had our grandson with us who has autism and ADHD.
The food took about 25 minutes and was hot and delicious!
We had such a great time there we asked to speak to the manager, a chap called Lee. He thanked us for coming in and was glad we enjoyed our meal. I did apologise for our grandson being a tad loud and Lee said it wasn't a problem and we would all be welcomed back.
I would recommend the Twynersh as a family friendly environment with wonderful staff. My only gripe is some of the customers can be quote rude and could spoil your meal!!!!