“Disgusting”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Staines, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

First off let me explain our experience. We were served by a lovely waitress called Lucy who not only a really nice bubbly person but a excellent waitress. The food was good and served fairly quickly considering how busy they were this was ok. . BUT what spoiled our evening was watching another waitress/ bar persons sipping the heads off of pints then serving them to a table, I'm sorry but that is totally unexceptable and there is no excuse for it. It was not untill I got home I really wish I had said something about it at the time but I think I was a little shocked to see this behaviour.

5 Thank samsdad84

london
“Change of ownership”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

4of us went back for my birthday meal.the staff made us welcome and showed us to our table.
We ordered our drinks and starters. We also had a free bottle of champaign from the manager.
The table service was very good. we did notice that the menu had less choice .but the food was great. Would recommend you try it. We will be back very soon.

London
“Excellent pub lunch in Chertsey, by river and humpback Bridge”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I came here with a party of ramblers after walking five miles. It was good to us. They sent us to a table (choice of parts of the pub was given). It was quite large in there, but quite busy, lots dining.
The waitress came over and wanted a drinks and food order but I hadnt seen what beers were on sale so went to buy one separately at the bar. A sharp but spritzy pint of Aspall Cyder 5.5 alc/vol £3.90 as I already knew Doombar and London Pride beer and had ordered a Haddock and Chips, £8.25. That was excellent, fresh tender flaky fish, nice batter, chips, hot mushy peas, and the big surprise, real tartare sauce with capers in that I am glad I tried halfway through. Little details like that being so right lift a meal into one worth a review.

Local tables were doing well with Pie Day (Wednesday) the best reports around the Chicken and Leek Pie and the Steak and Kidney Pudding (quite large). The other drinks came rather slowly just as food was arriving - so you might want to buy your drink separately at the bar. I noticed they sell Vina Esmeralda, a grapey and interesting white Dry Moscatel (and about 15% gewurztraminer) wine from Catalunya, should you come with a partner.

Ramblers are more parsimonious but those who had the soup were happy. Also the speed of service was good, we all had excellent food within 15 mins. From the Chertsey Bridge location you are by the riverside near a good PM leg of our walk. This went around Dumsey's something or other then across a field to cross a busy road and go along "Sheep Walk" and then between gravel pits (lakes) which had jetties for wild swimming and were very pretty. The footpaths eventaually lead behind a school and into Shepperton High Street, and an excellent 3 mile walk indeed, lovely woods, trees and lake views, should you get too full at lunch.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely find”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were staying locally and saw this pub from our hotel. What a delightful find. Beautifully old fashioned with 'nooks and crannys'. Staff were very efficient and the food was amazing. Looking back on some of these reviews I find it hard we are all talking about the same place! One particular young man took very good care of us, and the prices were very reasonable. All in all a very enjoyable Saturday evening.My partner is a coeliac they couldnt do enough to accomodate.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Very unfriendly and disappointing”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We are sat in this place as i write this review... We were not greeted (if you can call it greeting- looking at you) very warmly. Staff look miserable, no manners included in service. The atmosphere between staff is appalling and gives off a bad vibe. If we hadn't of walked in and ordered a bottle of wine before this standard of service we would have walked straight back out. Felt very unwelcome! Staying locally and definitely will not be back! Would avoid if you want to enjoy your evening and not be left feeling as though you are an inconvenience! Doesn't take a lot to plaster a smile on your face and remember your manners!! This place severely lack this!!