“Enjoyable well earned lunch!”
Review of The Kingfisher

The Kingfisher
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Chertsey
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife & I stopped here half through a 19 mile walk so to say we were starving is an understatement! The restaurant was busy but not packed and we were surprised to hear that food would be about 45 minutes. We had to wait several minutes for our drink orders to be taken and again for our food orders to be taken.
When it did arrive about 35 minutes after ordering we were both happy with the portion size & quality of the food. My wife had the Beef & Merlot Pie whilst I had the Pork Belly. Both were piping hot and full of flavour. Only criticism is that mine needed some green veg with it, to be fair to our waitress she did ask me if I wanted a side order of veg when I ordered.
For desert I had the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cheese Cake while my wife had the warm sticky toffee pudding. I enjoyed mine she found hers dry & heavy.

Price wise 2 courses with a bottle of wine worked out at £20 each which we thought was decent value.

The pub is next to the Thames with plenty of outdoor seating so we plan to visit again in the summer to sit outside and watch the boats pass by.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went to the Kingfisher for our 53rd wedding Anniversary dinner. We were made welcome by the staff and given a table for two in the window as booked online. We ordered our drinks and then ordered our food. The food was hot and cooked to perfection . A great selection of menu .We would like to thank the staff for a very nice meal.We would recommend the food and service .

Reviewed March 28, 2013

i was there for a women's networking meeting in the morning. so i basically have had a quick breakfast here. but the service and staff were excellent. i have no idea about food but i really liked the general atmosphere and cosiness. i will try it soon for a lunch in spring.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We chose this restaurant for a family reunion as it was one of the Vintage chain and they have always been very accommodating and we weren't disapointed. We descended on this poor restaurant, eleven adults and seven children ranging in ages from 2 months to ten years, so you can imagine its was slightly chaotic. As usual, the staff were very patient with taking orders for the children from an excellent children's menu and very affordable, and a mixture of all different dishes for the adults from main meals to lighter lunches and then drinks for everyone! Considering the restaurant was packed, our meals and drinks arrived fairly promptly and the food was delicious, all of us were impressed with quality of food and choices. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Comfortable and welcoming. A good balance between drinking and eating areas. A good pub menu. Good loos!