Book In Advance

Ways to Experience THORPE PARK Resort
9,021 results
All reviews tidal wave nemesis inferno angry birds water rides loggers leap big rides shark hotel storm surge burger king thrill seekers rumba rapids pizza hut flying fish school holidays longest queue food outlets great park
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went to Thorpe Park with a group of friends on Saturday and we had a blast of a time.
A few tips:
- Buy your tickets online and print at home before you go!
- Get to the park before 9am to get a good parking and be first in line
- Run to 'The Swarm' first and make your way anti-clockwise around the park to get on the big rides before the park gets busy
- Take a towel! The water rides WILL make you soaking wet.
- There is WiFi coverage in the whole park so you can post to facebook etc while waiting in line
Other than that, Thorpe Park is an awesome day out and really close to London. Definitely recommend it to everyone!

1  Thank Nickd-UK
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Thorpe Park is one of my all time favorite places to go in the summer in the UK, however it is never without its drawbacks. Queues can go up to over 2 hours long and usually for the big rides rarely go under 60 minutes. There are lots of smaller rides with much smaller queues that you can enjoy just as much however. My personal favorite is the Loggers Leap. This time I unfortunately slipped a rib whilst at the park and so couldn't really have as much fun as I wanted but still really enjoyed my day and had fun in the sunny weather with a great atmosphere of the park.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Absolutely disgusting! 140 minute queues for all the main rides, then when you joined the queue it ended up longer. Park filled to capacity! Bought a refillable drink for £6, very few places to fill it up and even then it was a 30 minute queue to get served. Bloody nightmare on one of the hottest days of the year.

The park couldn't care less how many people they pack in, get your money then who cares if you wait all day.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

3  Thank Brighton_SussexGuru
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My sons school arranged a trip as a reward for school attendance out of the whole trip only one group of 4 got on three rides all day all the others only got on two rides it was one of the hottest days so far and the park was open for schools so they just packed them in and counted there money knowing there were no parents to complain as a\ marlin experience it was not magic but madness to go. we will never go to another Merlin park unfortunately they seem to have a monopoly on all the main parks now so you have no choices what happened to fair competition.

1  Thank Howard J
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I went to Thorpe Park with friends on a school trip on Thursday 11th July!! It was a good sunny day!! It was busy when we arrived but were able to head for the rides quickly. We first went on 'flying fish' which had a small queue but was really good. We ended up going on there a couple of times. We then went on 'storm surge' which was probably the best ride. We then went on 'quantum' which in my opinion I thought was really fun. You should go early as the ride queues start to fill up quite quickly and you are waiting for ages. I wanted to go on Detonator, Vortex and Rush but wasn't able to get on to them because of the queues and because we had to leave at 5:00pm. The prices for food is expensive, so take your own food. I bought chips with beans for 2.50 which I thought was alright. But then fish, chips&drink for 6.75, i thought should of been decreased. They also have a burger king there too! I don't know what the prices are like in the shops at the park as I didn't have time. The cleanness of the park is good and the staff are polite. I would go again to thorpe park but when there are not so many schools there and it isn't busy. The park is for adults and teenagers but there are younger children rides there too!! :-)