“Just OK”

Ranked #1 of 4 Chertsey B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Just OK”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Food was nice enough (though they overcooked my steak which is never a good sign) but nothing that would draw me back again and generally overpriced for what it is. Also its not acceptable to arrive at 7:30 and still be waiting for your main course at 9pm when the place was not that busy!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

If there ever was a website that didn't quite paint an accurate picture of the venue, then this is a good example. It describes accomdation as 'luxurious', which simply isn't true - it's clean and comfortable, but not something you'd get too excited about. The 'luxury' shower and bath toiletries again were just bog standard, so again not quite hitting the mark of the description. The ensuite was very small, and the shower unti had seen better days too, with sellotape holding one of the seals together! However, it did work which was the main thing.

On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable, and towels were very nice, and the owner called Carter was a very pleasant and welcoming chap. I didn't get a chance to eat in the restaurant, which was a shame as the food is well recommended. The breakfast was good, and morning staff friendly and accomodating.

All in all, I feel the website doesn't quite provide a true picture of what you get for your money, but wouldn't be averse to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The bottle of Hamilton's chilled sparkling water on arrival set the tone. The suite is a little climb past the terrace, but not a problem if you're travelling light. Comfy beds, clean, contemporary bathroom and furnishings, nice toiletries and lovely towels. My only regret is we didn't have time for breakfast because the restaurant looks very good. I will be back, in fact, I'd like to move in!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This felt like home to me, we had our own lounge and kitchen, the bed was very comfortable with fluffy towels provided. Coffee machine provided which was a bonus.

There is a small patio garden which we used to read our newspapers before checking out.

The staff were very accommodating and parking was provided at the back of the hotel. Good breakfast the next day and a late check out made our trip all the more relaxing. If I am ever back in that area I will definitely be booking this place again.

Room Tip: I would request a back room due to street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here for one night on a Saturday as we were going to Thorpe Park during the day and a ministry of sound event in the evening. Upon check in we were informed that we were upgraded to the best room which was a suite at the top of the building. The suite was really lovely and had everything you could need, including a small kitchenette. Everything was also spotlessly clean.
However, it is a shame the staff did not reciprocate this quality of the room. Despite being very friendly to other guests we were disappointed in how patronising the manager was towards us because he was concerned we would have a party. We are two young adults who are extremely responsible and considerate. We were even ignored at breakfast by him and upon leaving he ran up the stairs to check we hadnt ruined the room or thrown the tv out the window.

PROS:
Very close to Thorpe Park (A taxi costs £6)
Wifi and Virgin media in room
Very clean and decorative rooms

CONS:
Ran out of loo roll, no spare
Didn't have enough towels in the room for two people

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank evenstevens
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at Hamilton's for one night whilst working in the local area.
Check In was great, a very friendly gentleman checked me in (I'd guess the owner) and showed me to my room. He gave me advice on where to eat and drink on a Monday night as the restaurant does not open on a Monday. I was also given a large bottle of water for my room which was a very nice touch.
My double room was very modern, with iron & ironing board as well as a Tassimo coffee machine which was a welcome addition and excellent idea. The wifi signal throughout was excellent and allowed me to get on with some work in the evening. The bathroom was very clean, small but large enough for one person. The shower was very good and towels provided were excellent - much better than a standard hotel.
The only downside of my stay was the bed - it was very comfortable but was a small double. I'm 6'2" and the bed was shorter than a normal double meaning my f

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not only was the room very comfortable with an excellent bed but the service was exceptional. The Wi-Fi worked in the room and we could park a car.Coupled with a reasonably priced restaurant below serving great food. Just what was wanted after a hard day in London.
Definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms at front over road but it did not seem busy. Our room at the back very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Bridge Hotel
#1 of 5 in Egham
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Hamilton's? Share your experiences!