“Work overnight stay”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed December 8, 2013

A very nice clean room with a lovely bed. The bedroom was recently refurnished and spotless. One of the pillow cases was ripped ... But I did mention this to reception. It was fine as it was only me but I would have got them to change it if I was staying with my husband. I booked in early which was no problem and the receptionist was excellent. I did not have a good nights sleep but to it being to hot and it was noises.. But living in the middle of nowhere in an old draughty house with no traffic for miles I am not use to being warm and cars outside.

1  Thank jo4012
Neil W, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Hi jo4012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel, I was pleased to read that you were looked after by the Reception team.
Your comments regarding the pillow case was noted and I have since spoken to my Head Housekeeper to review her processes.

Next time you stay, do ask for a room away from the main road to enjoy the traquility of the Thames

There are newer reviews for The Bridge Hotel

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Close to Heathrow. Taxi from heathrow to the Bridge cost was €35.
Free WiFi.
Breakfast is Continental...but a waiter/waitress will come round to and ask if you would like, Bacon & Egg & Sausage, etc. So if your're in a hurry don't expect the hot breakfast to be ready...plan to go to breakfast 15 mins early than you planned.
Staff are very helpful and friendly.
Great Pub grub is served until 10 pm in the bar.
Remember to turn on room heater on those cold nights.
Would recommend.

Hi sbelmour
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, I was pleased to read that we met your expectations.

I was particulary pleased to read that the team were helpful and friendly during your stay

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have just spent 2 nights here and I have to say for the price, the rooms and breakfast were excellent. The beds were really comfortable, decent bathroom, iron and board in the rooms which is always a bonus! Great for parking and a good location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi SallyR
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us
I was delighted to read your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm quite calm client and service providers should be really worse to encourage me initiating a claim. This hotel enforced me to claiming several times for 2week long stay. Below are some facts:
* Cardboard walls - you can hear how grandma living next door is ordering her airplane tickets, as well as steps of your neighbour at next storey (so it's very bad idea to spent your honeymoon time here). So that, pay extra attention to your TV sound volume to not disturb your neighbours.
* Elevator - strong permanent smell of ink inside but it definitely was painted quite a long time ago; anyway it's better to use stairs as the elevator is very slow
* Room clearing - most pity part of my story: room was dirty from very beginning, my verbal claims to reception had no success as well as written notes on my table - it was 3 days long battle to convert the room to something mediocre in terms of cleanness
* Table... it has magic drawers! Whenever you shut them in, they roll out after a while constantly (so I used to insert some papers etc between the floor and table's front legs
* Another "T-started" word, towels. First towel was with black spot (lush ink?), next was with big hole in the middle (enough to put your finger through), third day it was with light-brown spot (cometics indeed) so I blew up and visited the reception. Later that evening, they gave me two towels instead as a replacement. Mamma mia, first one was with yellow rusty spot and small hole simultaneously, happily second one was clean and one piece.
* Bathroom walls were in black curly hairs
* Lamps - two of them but very little amount of light, especially if compare with bathroom light
* Windows - bug shells, webs and all that staff
* Wi-Fi with unpredictable quality
* Hair-drier was missed from very beginning so I used to ask one at reception. At next week, room personnel discovered that original hair-drier was missing so they put second one to me not checking that I was given with first one before. Now I have two - looks ma, I'm a hair-drier cowboy, paf-paf!
Surely, this is not all what I experienced in this hotel for 2 weeks. Would I return to it again? No-no-no!

2  Thank Yury75

Hi Yuri75

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the hotel.

I would ask you to contact me at the hotel on neil.wheeler@galleonhotels.com to discuss your comments further

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Last minute booking meant we got a lovely ensuite river view room for just under £55.00 excluding breakfast which suited our needs.
For what we paid, we felt we had exceptional value. The bed was comfortable and we had all we needed in the room.
The hospitality tray is meagre, just a few packets of coffee/tea, no biscuits BUT the hotel guide made it clear you can ring down for extras including fresh milk.
Housekeeping do need to pay closer attention to detailed cleaning. Bath fixtures and grouting were discoloured and need treating but overall the room felt clean.
We didn't eat there at all so can't comment on the restaurant. The service from the people we met was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room. The curtains are very effective at keeping out light and the traffic noise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi SwordMaiden
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us
I am pleased to read your comments and have noted the Housekeeping remarks, I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper who instigated a refresh in her teams training
We are currently in the process of redecorating our rooms and bathrooms

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here 3 times this year and was very pleased with it each time, Although its a bit of a job getting out of the site in the morning because of its location right on the river. But the rooms are very comfortable and the food was exceptional especially the ribs, The staff where very friendly and helpful and overall lead to a very pleasant stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Neil W, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Hi GeordieRed
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us & glad you enjoyed the ribs!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 15, 2013

In brief? It’s cheap for what it is, parking is plentiful (and free), wifi worked ok (and is free) and staff are polite and helpful.

Our first impressions were pretty positive…there’s a drop off area right outside the hotel, parking is just across the road (and it’s free). Reception staff were always happy to help (extra towels, temporary storage of our stuff, etc). The building looks fully accessible and there’s even a lift up to the first floor.

The hotel décor in the corridor up to the rooms and the rooms themselves (ours, at least) felt tired. Some of the door frames on the first floor looked damaged or in need of painting. The room itself was fine, a reasonable sized bed and a river view (which was a real plus). The bathroom was fine too.

There’s a bar which doubles as a dining room, we had a beer and a glass of wine there and it was fine. The only real disappointment was breakfast. We chose just the continental breakfast on day 1 which was adequate. The cooked breakfast on day 2 (a Saturday) was not good. We thought it was quite dry and congealed and with serving trays that were hard to use (how do you hold a pan lid in one hand, a plate in the other and still put food on your plate?).

If breakfast had been a little better quality, it would have left an overwhelmingly positive impression. As it is, we liked the hotel. The location is hard to fault, about 5-10 minutes from the M25 and half an hour to Kingston by car, suited us admirably. Breakfast was not bad enough to stop us coming back again some time. It is very reasonably priced.

(PS it's close to Heathrow but we heard just 4 planes from 10pm-midnight)

Room Tip: Ask for a river view eg room 110. You might pay a little extra but it's worth it in the morning...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest

Many, many thanks for your kind words.It was a pleasure looking after you during your stay and I promise Breakfast will be worth 5 stars on your next visit!!

See you soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!