“Fabulous!”

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say! What a fantastic stay. My friend and I travelled from Manchester on a Friday night to stay at this hotel prior to a trip to Thorpe Park. As a pair of self-confessed hotel snobs we weren't expecting to be dazzled considering what we paid for the rooms, however upon arrival we could not have been happier. The hotel was lovely and welcoming, the lady on reception greeted us with a smile and told us we had been upgraded to a suite! Certainly worth the crawl down the M6. The room was lovely and clean and spacious with a bathroom to die for and enough room to do cartwheels in if necessary. The bed was incredibly comfy and the environment was generally very pleasant. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and went back to our rooms very happy indeed. The only slight issue was the noise of the water pipes that was quite prominent by the wall adjacent to the beds, however this proved only a small issue as we were both asleep in minutes.
We were greeted in the morning by our wake up call and when we needed extra milk for our tea it arrived in minutes! An absolutely fantastic experience, excellent value for money and 2 very happy customers. We have booked to come back and stay for 2 nights on the1st and 2nd October for a birthday and are genuinely looking forward to our stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. It is so nice for the team here to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed. We all look forward to seeing you again soon at The Bridge

Best wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to the bridge hotel for an evening meal with family, this is the first time we have been there. Hotel decor was very nice and modern.
The food was very nice but the service could do with some improvement. I ordered a rump steak which I asked for rare with no chips and salad instead.
When my food arrived I had chips no salad, definatley wasn't a rump steak as three other people in our group had rump steak and mine was nothing like there steaks. It also wasn't cooked rare, my husbands was rare and he ordered medium rare.
They did bring out a side salad to replace the one I was missing. Shame as the food was cooked really well feel it let's the chef down a bit.
We had coffee and wanted sweetener not sugar and was told they had run out!!.
I would return to the bridge hotel for a meal as the food was very good and big portions all freshly cooked, just feel the staff waiting the tables need a bit more training.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chocolatedarwin
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind comments. I have passed your remarks on to the rest of the team and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Many thanks
Pembroke, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have never posted any review before on any type of review website but my experience at this hotel made me feel that i needed to make others aware of the situation at this hotel.I have included my full response to the hotel in the report below. The hotel did offer a £ 20 refund which i declined .

My letter to hotel is as follows-(no explanation or reason has been provided for the dirty state the hotel was in ).

I must advise you of the serious issues my family and I encountered at your hotel on the above date. We live in Pembrokeshire West Wales and were staying in Surrey to visit family.Our Party consisted of myself ,my wife and 10 year old son.

I can outline our experience as follows:-

arrived at hotel around 3.30pm and checked in to room
went out for dinner with friends returning to hotel about 9pm
on arriving back at hotel noticed that a wedding party was taking place in part of the ground floor
from reception it was clear that the wedding party was indeed not confined to any particular area as wedding guests were occupying all of the ground floor from the seating near reception,being served across the full width of the bar and using the external areas near the river.
the disco was at a high volume which filled the whole of the ground floor and together with the many wedding guests made it impossible for my family and I to have a quiet drink and relax in the hotel before retiring for the evening
the disco was clearly audible from our room 218 which was closest to this area on the first floor.It was not possible to sleep until it had finished
On returning to the room which was very warm(as we had closed the patio doors before leaving) we turned the ceiling fan on. within a few seconds of doing this we noticed a significant amount of dust falling on to the bed and drifting around the room which was clearly coming from the ceiling fan
We stopped the fan and observed the thick layer of dust on this fan which clearly had not been cleaned for a considerable time.
I attach photos of this fan for information
Clearly this situation was concerning but was made more serious due to my son suffering with asthma.
given the time of day we decided to go to bed and report this in the morning to reception
the next morning spoke to reception and advised of situation.
the domestics manager visited our room shortly after to view the fan. Her response was "this is not good.........I have only been in post for 5 weeks and there is a lot to do in this place to bring it to standard.......I have carpet cleaners coming next week to sort out carpets etc"
when I went for breakfast about 20 mins later (about 9.15am ) i was advised that given the above I would not have to pay for a full breakfast.
We entered the breakfast restaurant at about 9.20am
my wife went to make two cups of tea but no cups etc were available- note at least 3 staff were on duty and simply standing around -when requested a staff member quickly arrived with more cups
I went to the cereal area but found no dishes- again when requested a staff member arrived with more dishes
I went with my son to the cooked breakfast area and noticed there were no eggs and very little bacon.
we were advised that more food was on its way- we sat down to wait
about 10 mins later a hot plate arrived and another couple who had already requested eggs and my son and I went to serve ourselves. When I opened the server unit it was clear that only 3 eggs had been brought out ( I had seen the couple in front) only take one each.
when I asked for one more egg I was advised that breakfast was now over as it was 10.05 am . it seemed irrelevant that we had waited for cups ,dishes and eggs which is why it was that time.
my wife ended up having 2 pieces of toast, i managed to make one bacon sandwich and my son had one egg and a small piece of bacon.
whilst we sat there we observed at least 4 tables that had been left uncleared for at least 30 mins with staff just standing around
I hope you can see from the above that during my stay at your hotel the standards of cleanliness,catering,and a range of staff service standards left us feeling extremely disappointed.

I would appreciate it if you could consider carefully what I have noted above as dependent on your response I will need to escalate all of the above points to an appropriate level. I do believe in allowing any business to "put things right" before making such observations a matter of public information .
I also understand that the manager is currently on sick leave so have copied this e-mail to Gabby [--] so that any action necessary can be promptly actioned.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes
Robert. J. Elliott

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank paswword5

Travelers are raving about these Chertsey hotels

Addlestone
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Bridge hotel. My expectations were not high and were happily surpassed during our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially the reception girl, the room was clean and in decent order and there was a fan in the room. Wi-Fi was excellent.
Ignorant and noisy guests are an occupational hazard and there were a few.
Don't expect the world and you won't be disappointed, I will go again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind comments and we hope to see you back at The Bridge very soon.

Many thanks
Margate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my 1 and 3 year old, family room overlooking the river and bridge which was really nice, both my two loved looking at the ducks on the juiliet balcony. Room was nicely decorated, fold out bed and comfy double, clean white sheets, fluffy towels. Bathroom was nicely decorated but the tiles on the floor were uneaven ant the grout was falling out, i got grout on my feet every time i went in. Shower was nice, shampoo and body wash provided. We phoned to ask for a cot, staff very helpful and they did put a cot in for us. Could have done with air con or a fan as you couldnt open the doors for fresh air till after 11 and only till 6am as its under the flight path from heathrow.
We ate in the restaurant (the boathouse) both nights, food was amazing in there, my complements to the chef but the service on friday night was terrible. One of the guys turned up with platefuls of food and just stood there looking vacant, my husband had to ask what he had after he had been standing there for a few minutes!!

Breakfast was tasty, but couldnt cope with the amount of people there, the slowest toaster in the world.

There was a safe in the room but currently they dont work which was a shame, free wifi too which is always a must.

Would stay again if going to thorpe park.

• Stayed September 2013
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your review and kind comments. Thorpe Park is indeed a great attraction for families and we are fortunate to be located so near to it. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bridge in the very near future
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with some family and we booked 2 rooms between us. Although I read the mixed reviews before booking, we decided to stay at this hotel as we had previously stayed there and my parents required a wheelchair accessible room.

I booked the rooms 4 months before our stay. A couple of days after I booked I received a voicemail telling me I had not turned up for my stay and would still be charged. I rang the hotel to ask what was going on and was informed it was a computer error, that I would not be charged for this mistake and that they did have the correct dates on their system.

When we arrived at the hotel, although there were no problems with the wheelchair accessible room, I was told that no other room was booked and that I should have been there 4 months earlier! I was told that the hotel was fully booked and that they would not be able to provide a room. However, I had brought a copy of the confirmation email that I had been sent so the staff could not deny that had I had booked 2 rooms on the correct date. I was then provided with a room and was told this was an upgrade at no extra cost - from the photos on the website it did not look any different to the standard room I had booked and did not seem to have been updated like most of the rest of the hotel.

The wheelchair accessible room was very good. It was a little narrow to get the wheelchair past the bathroom into the bedroom, but there was plenty of room by the bed and in the bathroom/wetroom. This room had also been recently redecorated and looked very nice.

The last time we stayed here was before the renovations. The restaurant and reception area has definitely improved since then. The food in the restaurant was excellent although the level of service varied greatly each night and it was quite expensive.

Overall, although the location is very good, due to the total cost and the service received and standard of rooms, I don't think we will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LauraE11
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your comments and would you please accept mt apologies for the confusion over your booking. I can confirm that all our rooms are currently being redecorated and I hope you will be able to come and see us again

many thanks
Brentwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Staff we're really helpful and friendly.
Room was clean and decor was tasteful.
We didn't eat in the restaurant as a bit pricey but 8mins away is Tescos, harvester, kfc etc.
We had a view on to the lake.
would stay here again for the price.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jo Anne L S
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your kind comments. I hope we have the pleasure of greeting you again and on your next visit I really would recommend giving the restaurant a try!
Many thanks again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,477 reviews

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!