“Had a fantastic stay”

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a fantastic stay...

We stayed for two nights, the room was lovely with a great view of the thames & nice big bed.

We spent a day at thorpe park which wasnt far from the hotel then came back and had a drink outside by the river & meal in the boat house restaurant

All the staff were very helpful & welcoming, would definitly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your lovely comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your break with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Granted, when I stayed at the hotel this week it was hot outside, but in my room was 10 to 15 degrees hotter than outside. There is no air con and one of my windows wouldn't open.

I managed to get a second fan from reception (over the broken phone line) but I had to leave that on all night and it just blew hot air around.

For over £100 I expect more than this. On asking for a new room I was told that the ground floor rooms are cooler, but they are deluxe rooms and I hadn't booked on of those.

I wouldn't have left a dog in that room overnight - it would surely have failed health and safety rules.

Room Tip: Ask for a mobile air con unit or don't go there if it is hot. Certainly don't take young chi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Ben M, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey.

I must apologise for the window latch being faulty in your room. I will be speaking to the maintenace team to get this rectified.

In regards to the hotness of your room, unfortunately the UK is sufering from a Level 4 Heatwave where tempeatures are reaching up to 32 Degrees. This may lead to an uncomfortable night sleep whether in a Hotel or at Home. We have provided fans in every room and we do not advertise we offer air conditioing. The weather we are experiencing is unprecedented, and we have even ordered more fans to try to help.

I am sorry for any inconvience this has caused you and your party.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while visiting Brooklands which is only a short drive away. There's a dual level car park next door (free to hotel users) which is a real asset for London where parking is a nightmare. The hotel doesn't look much from the outside and doesn't particularly inspire on the inside either, but the staff were all friendly and helpful and my room happened to be suitable for wheelchair access so had plenty of space.
One issue was the fact that both connecting doors were open to the room next door that was obviously occupied. Even with both closed I could still hear them talking on their phone.
The shower was wet room style with plenty of space for disabled access.
The wall mounted TV at the end of the bed was where I prefer it so you can watch it while relaxing on the huge bed which proved very comfortable.
I dined in the restaurant that overlooks the river Thames and cannot really recommend the crayfish and rice dish. The rice was too stodgy and there was a definite lack of crayfish. This is the only reason I have given this hotel a 3 star rating.
Breakfast next morning was ok though with very tasty bacon and lovely mushrooms.
I would be happy to stay here again if re-visiting this area, but would try something else on the menu.

Room Tip: Try for those overlooking the river for a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review about The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything from parking to our staff a positive.
I have spoken to Chef regarding the Crayfish. He has taken your comments into account and will refer this back to the Kitchen Brigade.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bridge Hotel in the future and I thank you again for your comments.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lovely hotel which is situatede right on the river thames, had a lovely room overlooking the river thames. Beautiful day outside so we sat and ate by the river. The reception staff were great and very helpful they provided us with a fan in our rooms as was hot outside. Breakfast staff were very helpful. Cant wait to book again, will deffiniatly be coming back this summer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

On arriving at the location of this hotel you are immediately struck by the lovely location, right next to the river. Unfortunately that's where the positive experience stops.......

I found this hotel very disappointing in more than one way. The service, cleanliness, decor, and customer awareness was lacking across the board. Take basic things like calling reception from my room - the phone rang out on at least 3 occasions, forcing me to trot downstairs just to ask for wifi passcode. The room was in a terrible state - loose tiles in the bathroom, with grout missing, dried food stains on the in-room menu, and whoever makes the bed may as well not bother as it was more tidy when I got out of it in the morning! The bar was ok, but really poor waiting times with regularly 5-10 min waits to get served (it wasn't busy either). No attentiveness at the tables whilst eating - I waited 15 mins to even get a menu and then another 10 to get a drink. At least the food came out quickly.

Overall, this place is in drastic need of a refurb - not just the decor, but whoever trains the staff too I'm afraid.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to relate your experiences at The Bridge. I can only apologise for the disappointment you experienced and your comments have been relayed to all members of staff

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Being not very central and, officially, a 3* hotel you don't expect much.
Covered Car Parking close by, reception staff friendly.
Hotel room should be cleaned at least before you check in (not the case)
DO AVOID 3rd bed. What they call a sofa bed is just terrible - better to sleep on the floor at least you dont get metal pieces stuck in your back.
River view nice, but due to mosquitos impossible to have window open.
NO AIRCONDITION - at least in July a Sauna and simply impossible to sleep.
Breakfast: the only healthy food you could discover (if at all) is milk.
All in all - if you have time - check your alternatives.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms far away from Breakfast / Diner area if you want to sleep (noise level...). Nice seat...

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your comments and your points have been noted. The sofa bed has been replaced and the Housekeeping team have been made aware of your comments re. cleanliness (I would strongly advise that any issues relating to cleanliness are brought to the hotels attention as soon as possible so they may be rectified without delay) The midges are one of the disadvantages of being situated next to a river and that is why all river facing rooms have net curtains to prevent access to insects. I realise that air conditioning would be an advantage but we do not state anywhere in any of our literature that we offer this and it is only in such extraordinary weather conditions as we have recently experienced that it's absence is noticed.
I am somewhat confused about the "healthy food" at breakfast being confined to milk. Our breakfast buffet every day features fresh fruit, grapefruit and orange segments, prunes, muesli, Special K, a selection of fruit/natural and Greek yoghurts, fruit juices including Cranberry and a variety of Fruit and Herbal infusions - we are always open to suggestions to new dishes to offer.
Many thanks

Reviewed July 16, 2013

After an easy check in and a cool reception area we thought that this place was going to be a nice base for a weekend away....WRONG
We got to our room and ok it was a hot summers day so the room was so hot, Grabbed the fan that was supplied in the room and plugged it in, The next due safety check was last year (so not checked but left for customers) it had a timer for 120 minutes then shuts off, Having to set my alarm for every 2 hours was not fun...Next step was to leave the room for a bit and grab some food from downstairs, First impressions were fantastic, the soup was the best i have ever tasted and the main course of the trio of pork was great until i bit into some shell (from an all meat dish) I called the waiter over and explained the situation only to be looked at as if i was lying!!!!! he then explained that it was ok it was probably dropped on my platye by the chef as he was plating up other peoples dishes and walked off............That night there was a private party that pushed into the dining area so we had a great audience whilst eating....got back to the room and the fan had switched off so tried checking out early.....sorry sir you cannot do that until the morning i was told my this chap that was working his n**ts off...I am quite new and i dont know how to check ppl out and give a refund, i will make a note in the diary and you will have to come back in the morning when the management are back in...........I did manage to cancel the next nights stay and get a refund for that but the night that we were forced to stay there was chargeable even though i wanted to check out....Emailed the hotel but that was 2 weeks ago and to this day they havent had the decency to reply...so at this time of year if you want to sleep in a sauna, eat shellfish on a meat dish and be bothered by drunken party people then book this place, if like me you wanted somewhere to enjoy the weekend doing thorpe park and then coming back to sit by the river with a nice pint and enjoy the evenings then avoid this place

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Ben M, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey. Unfortunately your e-mail was not received by our team. I would ask that you re-send me your e-mail to the following address: ben.morris@galleonhotels.com and I can respond to your issues to a full and honest way.

I do sincerely apologise for any distress or inconvience this has caused you and your party. I think it is worth noting that any Hotel with a riverside location like ours will be a partically popular venue for weekend parties and get-togethers, especially in such magnificent sublime sunny weather than we have experienced recently.

It is pleasing to hear that you found our reception team polite and helpful. I shall be passing on these comments to them.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#3 of 3 in Egham

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!