“No aircondition is here a real issue”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Being not very central and, officially, a 3* hotel you don't expect much.
Covered Car Parking close by, reception staff friendly.
Hotel room should be cleaned at least before you check in (not the case)
DO AVOID 3rd bed. What they call a sofa bed is just terrible - better to sleep on the floor at least you dont get metal pieces stuck in your back.
River view nice, but due to mosquitos impossible to have window open.
NO AIRCONDITION - at least in July a Sauna and simply impossible to sleep.
Breakfast: the only healthy food you could discover (if at all) is milk.
All in all - if you have time - check your alternatives.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms far away from Breakfast / Diner area if you want to sleep (noise level...). Nice seat...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your comments and your points have been noted. The sofa bed has been replaced and the Housekeeping team have been made aware of your comments re. cleanliness (I would strongly advise that any issues relating to cleanliness are brought to the hotels attention as soon as possible so they may be rectified without delay) The midges are one of the disadvantages of being situated next to a river and that is why all river facing rooms have net curtains to prevent access to insects. I realise that air conditioning would be an advantage but we do not state anywhere in any of our literature that we offer this and it is only in such extraordinary weather conditions as we have recently experienced that it's absence is noticed.
I am somewhat confused about the "healthy food" at breakfast being confined to milk. Our breakfast buffet every day features fresh fruit, grapefruit and orange segments, prunes, muesli, Special K, a selection of fruit/natural and Greek yoghurts, fruit juices including Cranberry and a variety of Fruit and Herbal infusions - we are always open to suggestions to new dishes to offer.
Many thanks

Reviewed July 16, 2013

After an easy check in and a cool reception area we thought that this place was going to be a nice base for a weekend away....WRONG
We got to our room and ok it was a hot summers day so the room was so hot, Grabbed the fan that was supplied in the room and plugged it in, The next due safety check was last year (so not checked but left for customers) it had a timer for 120 minutes then shuts off, Having to set my alarm for every 2 hours was not fun...Next step was to leave the room for a bit and grab some food from downstairs, First impressions were fantastic, the soup was the best i have ever tasted and the main course of the trio of pork was great until i bit into some shell (from an all meat dish) I called the waiter over and explained the situation only to be looked at as if i was lying!!!!! he then explained that it was ok it was probably dropped on my platye by the chef as he was plating up other peoples dishes and walked off............That night there was a private party that pushed into the dining area so we had a great audience whilst eating....got back to the room and the fan had switched off so tried checking out early.....sorry sir you cannot do that until the morning i was told my this chap that was working his n**ts off...I am quite new and i dont know how to check ppl out and give a refund, i will make a note in the diary and you will have to come back in the morning when the management are back in...........I did manage to cancel the next nights stay and get a refund for that but the night that we were forced to stay there was chargeable even though i wanted to check out....Emailed the hotel but that was 2 weeks ago and to this day they havent had the decency to reply...so at this time of year if you want to sleep in a sauna, eat shellfish on a meat dish and be bothered by drunken party people then book this place, if like me you wanted somewhere to enjoy the weekend doing thorpe park and then coming back to sit by the river with a nice pint and enjoy the evenings then avoid this place

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Ben M, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey. Unfortunately your e-mail was not received by our team. I would ask that you re-send me your e-mail to the following address: ben.morris@galleonhotels.com and I can respond to your issues to a full and honest way.

I do sincerely apologise for any distress or inconvience this has caused you and your party. I think it is worth noting that any Hotel with a riverside location like ours will be a partically popular venue for weekend parties and get-togethers, especially in such magnificent sublime sunny weather than we have experienced recently.

It is pleasing to hear that you found our reception team polite and helpful. I shall be passing on these comments to them.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the hotel and once again all the staff were so helpful especially when I had to be up before they had started breakfast, I would differently recommend this hotel to my family and friends

• Stayed: June 2013
mark C, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Katherine

Thankyou very much for taking the time to write a review on the Bridge hotel.

Im glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was visiting the area for a freinds wedding recently and other friends recommended the Bridge Hotel and I was not disappointed at all - had a room by the river - quiet and relaxing before the evening events - didn't take a evening meal as at the party but the classic full English breakfast buffet - plenty of it and refreshed regularly, actually sat by the river as it was a very sunny morning - great stiff watching the ducks and boats etc, so an excellent way to start the day, there is also the Boat Restaurant avaiable as well didn't have time to try but the menu looked great and is tempting to go back when in the area next on business, which maybe sooner than later and plenty of car parking as well so no worries there, yep its one for the list.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear John

Im very glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Bridge Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The back side of the hotel is facing a waterway and a beautiful stone bridge. However, the approach to the hotel and car park is like any average hotel. We dropped our bags in the room and went straight to the outdoor dinning area, where we were able to grab a table next to the river. It was a perfect night for it. We had a very nice glass of wine. We did not have dinner but what I saw coming out of the kitchen it all looked very good. I had a Caramel Soufflé. It was heaven. Hats off to the chef. The staff were very helpful and very nice. The service was very good. The room, looked nice but was just average. There was tea and a kettle. We had a view over the waterway and looking at the bridge. Unfortunately, when I went to dry my hair the next morning, I found that there was not hairdryer in the room. It was good value for the money.

Room Tip: Get one facing the bridge and water.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review of your stay here at the Bridge Hotel.

Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is right where I need to be, if you are lucky you get a lovely view from the room, food is fine, however the rooms are in serious need of renovation and if it's hot, you either have to suffer a very warm room or road noise all night if you open the window. 2nd and last stay.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest

Firstly thankyou for your feedback. Im disapointed to learn that your stay was not what you had hoped and i apoligise for these short comings.

I have fed back to the house keeping team and also the maintence team ion order to improve our customer experiances.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a lovely lunch in the boathouse restaurant which is part of the hotel, used a 50%off code that we found online. Sat right by the window with a great river view and the food was delicious. High chair for baby and good food warmer for baby food!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Im very pleased you enjoyed your lunch here at the Boathouse Restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
Best Western The Ship Hotel

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!