“Decent hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Third stay here so they must be doing something right!!

Rooms warm and comfortable - shower not bad.

Free wifi is a bonus, with decent speeds as well.

Ask for a room on the river, otherwise you view is of the car park.

Ate in the bar the first time I stayed - boring menu - not eaten thee again.

Breakfast seems variable - first time and last time the breakfast was good - second stay, it was awful.

Need to invest in a new toaster as it literally takes 10 mins to da a slice !!!

All in all a decent hotel with convenient parking.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Bridge Hotel.
I am happy to announce that my new Head Chef - Lucky who started in November is currently writing and approving his new a la carte Menu and Signature Dishes. Since Lucky has been with us the feedback has been very positive so I hope you visit us again to try some of the new dishes coming in February.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for your comments.

Many Thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

The room was spacious with a large double bed, tv, views of the river & very well light. It had a small-ish bathroom but was clean and served its purpose. Staff were helpful and friendly which was also very good. The rooms are cheap to stay it and i was happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with river views. They are lovely at night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for my comments regarding your stay at The Bridge Hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, the room rate and the courteous staff. I hope to welcome you back to The Bridge very soon.

Kendal, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Bridge has a lovely location right next to the Thames. The room we stayed in was sold on the internet as having river views; well it could be seen from the room, but only just. The, room was small, extremely hot, with no fan; this was only sorted out the following day when I spoke to housekeeping. The room was very clean, and that is by my very high standards, as an hotelier. Everything in the room worked properly. I would say the staff didn’t look happy, and that generally means it isn’t a great place to work. On the other hand, my daughter slipped in the shower, and hurt herself, not badly I should point out, and the duty manager could not have been more helpful and kind to her, so many thanks for that. The evening meals, I thought were pricey, but the plates were full of food, too much for us, that said we did eat out in Chertsey two of the three nights. Overall £300 for three nights B&B for two people represents decent value for money, and its location for Thorpe Park is perfect, five minutes only in the car.
Top Tip: Check out your room before you take the keys.

Room Tip: If you book a river view, make sure your room has one!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Bridge Hotel.
We are very proud of our views over The River Thames and I am sorry you did not get to experience the full surroundings.
I am glad to hear my staff were hospitable and polite. We aim to give the best customer service at The Bridge and I will be showing the staff your comments regarding that.
I thank you again for your kind words and I hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We've had two stays at The Bridge recently of five and eight nights. The rooms were comfortable enough. The hotel responded well to requests. Extra pillows, help getting into the room, later housekeeping, my preference on the salad, all graciously accommodated. The Tuesday night quiz was fun.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at The Bridge Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your visit so much that you returned to visit again. I will pass on your comments to the team and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I often stay at the Bridge as my Head Office is in Chertsey. The welcome is always warm and friendly yet efficient. Even if I arrive late they will allow me to take a couple of drinks to my room.

The rooms... are of a very good standard, very clean and tastefully decorated and I would suggest refurbished in the last two or three years. The Riverside rooms are much quieter and have the benefit of double French doors so you can really make full use of the views of the Thames. I have never had an issue with sleep quality at the Bridge unless I tried to sleep with the windows open on the road side, which is very busy and noisy.

The menu is this hotels Achilles heal; it seems to have been in place forever, is quite limited and the daily specials seem quite repetitive too. I am a fish lover but found the Seafood Pasta to very chewy and overcooked, the smoked haddock & cheese fishcakes are straight out of the freezer into the fryer. (Even school cooks make their own fishcakes!!!). The desserts appear to be thaw and serve too. The breakfast is very good with good quality sausages & black pudding, good coffee and great waitresses.

The front of house staff in this establishment are customer focussed, efficient and a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask for a riverside room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your regular stays at The Bridge Hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoy using the Hotel and find the service from my staff of an excellent standard.

In regards to our Menu we have recruited a new Head Chef called Lucky. He joined us in November and has an exciting and fresh new a la carte Menu ready for February. Due to Christmas he was unable to prepare this for January but we are very excited to publish his menu very soon.

I do hope you continue to use the Boat House Restaurant & Bar as I know there is something on the Menu to suit all tastes.

Once again, Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your frequent visits and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel very soon.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as was at a party in the area. Did not spend a huge amount of time at the hotel but was very impressed with our room which was clean, modern and very comfortable. As a last minute booking we got a great price and will return and would recommend as a good place to stay

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay at The Bridge Hotel. It is great to receive feedback from guests and I will be passing on your comments to the whole team.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My Husband bought as part of a gift to me a one night stay in an hotel "Room with a View". This hotel DID have a view, but what looked like a pretty bridge over the river was in fact an incredibly busy main road. As soon as we opened the window all we could hear was traffic noise. The room was boring, old and needed an upgrade. The french doors were absolutely filthy. The mirror was filthy. The hotel information lists were old and gnarled. There was a housekeeping room opposite ours and the door was allowed to slam closed all day and into the late evening. Eventually I spoke to a member of staff as they were leaving the housekeeping room and asked them to consider their guests. I also phoned the front desk to complain and was told that the room wasn't being used, which was rather odd as I'd only just had a conversation with a member of staff leaving the said room and letting the door slam. The location is bad - on the side of a main road but miles away from anything else, including shops and town. On the whole this hotel is in my opinion a £70 per night hotel, (double room incl breakfast). My husband paid well over the odds for this "treat" that we both couldn't wait to escape from. The food was good and the staff in the restaurant were all very helpful and efficient, both for dinner which we ate there as not much else around, and at breakfast.

Room Tip: As far away from the road and any service cupboards/rooms as possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Bridge Hotel.
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us, in reference to the road noises - there are some periods the roads can become busier with the connections to the M25.
I have spoken with the Housekeeping Team in reference to the door being slammed. They would like to extend their apologies to you and your party and we have rectified the problem.
I will be passing on your comments regarding your dining experience to the Restaurant team and I am glad you enjoyed your experience in The Boat House.
Once again, I would like to apologise for the problems you had and I thank you for bringing these to my attention.

Many Thanks,

Travelers are raving about these Chertsey hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel Weybridge

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!