“Great Place”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
birmingham
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I decided to treat my partner to a relaxing weekend break.

Fantastic right by the river with ducks waddling around. Restaurant looks like it has recently been refurbed and food was very good.

Lucky for us weather was not too bad so was able to sit outside and watch the world go by.

Room nice and clean and slept ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Just had an amazing stay at the Bridge hotel, what an amazing location overlooking the Thames and Chertsey Bridge ideal for walk around, staff is amazing and very helpful. We stayed in one of the deluxe room overlooking the river. Restaurant is open plan and looks quite new food was nicely presented served by friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2012
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I must admit I hadn't stayed at this hotel before and was slightly worried as only paid £69 B&B for a double room and my expectations were that this would probably be a place to lay my head after a long day out with the family.

But how wrong I was, it is lovely, fresh and modern with a stylish bar & restaurant which I admit we used throughout our stay and loved it. I also found the staff really friendly as the hotel was small enough to care but big enough to have a really professional feel.

Both my wife and I will use this place gain when back visiting the family as great !

Room Tip: If you can ask for an upgrade to a mini suite ;-)
1 Thank Tracey N
Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here for two nights, great location. Just minuites from the train station.

The staff are very freindly and very helpful, we ate there the day we arrived they have agreat Burger menu which suited my Husband and I had Sea Bass both were great.

I would recomend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hanofi01
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My Partner and i have just got back from staying in this fabulous hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful, very good location we stayed here as its very close like less then 10mintues drive to Thrope Park. The staff really do go out of their way tomake you feel welcome.
The food was actually amazing i had rump steak fiajtas and they were seriously cooked to perfection. My Partner had there Crab wrapped in fresh Salmon starter and he said it was mouth watering. We actually only had planned one nights stay but due to the service we recieved and the quality of the food we booked another night.

Our room over looked the Thames which was stunning to wake up to in the morning. Our room was very clean, and very well decorated, the bathroom had a shower and bath.
Breakfast was also lovely in the morning. we cannot recommend this hotel enough!!! :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 and it has such a stunning riverside view and is beautifully decorated.
Bramerton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We often stay at this beautiful hotel. Sadly it has gone minimalistic crazy. Has been totally refurbished & all character removed. Modern-day art pictures 5"x3" "meaningless blobs" in frames 12" x 18"!!Why? We used to love this hotel - it's views and panorama & situation are lovely. The disappointments are these. We are disabled, but like a high view room. This, we got - superb view - but due to reception being moved, the lifts are now 70 metre walk from reception. The door from reception to the lift is miles away when carrying heavy luggage - IF you request ground floor room, you are then subject to noise from people constantly walking by, loud noise and people in the bar - so neither has been thought out. Car-parking - only 2 disabled places & these were full all the time, meant we had to park by the back door, which was always closed & you then had the long treck through reception. The door keys were cards! OH dear! Next problem - reception assured us these would work - BUT each card can only be programmed for 24 hours - if you happen to be staying for 3 days - you are stuck. Luckily one receptionist was incredibly helpful & spent ages trying to re-programme - BUT 3 times, we were stuck outside our bedroom door - yes - having a 240 metre treck back and forth to reception because we couldn't get into our room with heavy bags. How frustrating is this? Please bring back keys and include a key for the door to outside nearest the lift. We were only given one very large toothbrush glass between two! Don't people BOTH need water during the night to drink? Minimalist to a degree?! The new showers are cemented into the tiles (do people actually try to steal showers?!!) - so there is no chance of even reaching the very high head to move it round (I climbed onto a chair, then onto the bath in order to do so!!)as luckily we are not disabled as regards legs!!! - and of course you can't lift the shower down to do parts of you that might need some water (the spray was too minimal to even consider washing a large mop of hair!!)!
The internet - was the next issue. Every 24 hours (oh NO! The LONG walk to reception AGAIN) you need to renew the internet connection with a code. The code only lasts for 24 hours. The first 2 we took out of the jar didn't work and we had the long walk from our room back to reception AGAIN only to be told that these codes were out of date! Once actually plumbed in - the connection was SO slow that it was impossible to work. A colleague did say to me "it's free so I suppose we can't complain" - BUT IT IS £300 FOR 3 NIGHTS!!!!
Tea tray - we arrived exhausted after a 3.5 hour journey. Dying for a cup of tea! The lovely mugs have been replaced by tiny tea-cups! Why don't people think through things? On the 2nd day, we weren't left any biscuits, but we could have asked but didn't bother. Generally LOVELY chamber maids. . . . BUT for £300 all but £3 for 3 nights, this does NOT meet the criteria. We have always loved the hotel due to the view and venue but for the first time, need to look elsewhere in the vicinity as minimalism has gone mad! The restaurant, usually busy on a Friday night and you always used to have to book - was empty virtually - and this is because prices are more than anywhere else around. Many pubs and restaurants are doing 2 for 1 offers or "2 can eat for £15" etc. I must say food was beautifully served and the service in the restaurant was good - in fact excellent. I do hope the Hotel will be able to sort out the problems of 1. Making Disabled Parking available at the back of the hotel - 2 spaces insufficient 2. The long walk to reception - move reception nearer to the lift back where it was OR ensure both doors are kept opened. 3. Have keys for hotel doors which also include a key for the door near the lift. 4. Resolve the internet issues - we are using this hotel for a working weekend!

Room Tip: If you aren't an athlete, ask for a room near reception - but that will be VERY noisy!! You have...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Chertsey hotels

Mooloolaba, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed there for one night a few nights ago whilst transiting through Heathrow, which is easy to get to and fro from via the nearby M25 or local roads.
Check in was easy and Kirstie, the receptionist was helpful. The room was overlooking the canal as was the dining room, as has been mentioned before, the towels in the bathroom could do with renewing other than that the room was well equipped and comfortable.
As mentioned, I would use this hotel as an alternative to a LHR cookie cutter hotel which would cost much more and be less comfortable.
Would stay there again if I am overnighting LHR.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jonesy70
Ben M, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey.

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and shall be passing your comments on to the Hotel team. I will be discussing the issue of towels with my Housekeeping Manager to ensure we get the best quality for our guests.

I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Many Thanks,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,481 reviews

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!