“Thorpe Park Trip”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We arrived early and the hotel staff were fantastic, letting us store our bags securely and also putting our bottle of jager in the fridge to chill while we go to Thrope Park.

On our return we were greeted by Aimee who was extremely welcoming. We stopped at the bar for a few drinks before going to our rooms. the staff at the bar were fantastic and from all the service we received we made the decision to stay in the hotel that evening and have our meal there.

After a few drinks we made our way to the rooms which were very nice, modern and spacious.

The meal was great and all the staff that looked after us were fantastic.

We are all looking for a reason to return soon, which im sure will be very soon

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel. It is great to hear that all the team were hospitable and welcoming. I shall pass on your comments to Aimee and the team.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been here for a decent lunch before whilst visiting a client, stayed over this time, might possibly do so again.

Parking is fine, as is the short walk to the hotel. Very nice chap on reception, who commented I had the 'best room in the house'. Unexpectedly I am sure I have (typing this during stay), it's fine, lots of room, clean, large bathroom, only problem is it is by extractor fans for the kitchens and smells like a chip shop when the the side window open, hte other windows catch all of the road noise, there is no air con.

Had a meal in the restaurant. On the whole, very good service, but very little ham on the serrano ham and melon starter.

Would stay here again on business, as it is clse to a key client, but would not treat my wife to a night here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry you experienced some disruptions during your stay with us. We are always looking at ways to improve our service and offering so I shall pass your comments onto the Chef team. In regards to the extractor fans we are currently trying to sort something to reduce the noise levels.
Once again thank you for your comments, without these we cannot provide a better improved service.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

we stayed one night. thank goodness thats all we stayed. dont get me wrong, appearance wise the hotel looks lovely, and being right next to the river thames, the pictures show it to be quite a romantic setting. however the road next to the hotel must be one of the busiest roads i have ever seen/heard ! and this is all through the night as well. its also on the main flight path into/out of heathrow airport, and having no air conditioning in the rooms meant we had to leave the windows open and the noise was ridiculous.
we went down for an evening meal at 7.30pm - i would actually say thats reasonably early by hotel standards. we were 'greeted' by the manager whose first words were "im afraid we dont have much food left" !! We enquired what they actually DID have left to be told "burgers and stuff" ! now after a long day traipsing round Windsor, all we wanted was a bit of food and a drink, so, too weary to argue we said we would be happy with 'burgers and stuff'. we were shown to a table and given menus (not sure why we were given menus seeing as how they had run out of food). We waited 20mins for someone to come and attend to us - nobody came over. They didnt even come over and offer to get drinks whilst we perused the useless menu !
We decided enough was enough, and decided to leave. We told the manager we were leaving because of the shambolic service and his reaction was "ok". Thats it ! "ok" !!! - he also said he had forgotten that we were sitting there .
now if i were a manager of a restaurant i would at least make an effort to appease any disgruntled customers !
I advise anyone who does stay here to do 2 things.

1)take ear plugs as the nighttime noise level is high

2)Eat at The Kingfisher pub over the other side of the bridge - excellent food,and fabulous service !

Bridge Hotel you have some serious improving to do !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank fuschiapink67

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel. Secondly I would like to apologise for some of the issues you encountered whilst being with us.
Due to being close to the motorway, Bridge Road can get quite congested with traffic at times. I am not sure why it was so busy that evening but usually the roads quieten down later on.
In regards to noise from Heathrow, their flight paths change every few weeks. This can sometimes create some noise distruptions.
I will be investigating into the problems you experienced in the Restaurant. The points you made are very serious and I need to understand where the problems started. I will be speaking to the Front of House team and Chef Brigade to ensure things like this do not happen again.
I would like to again apologise for the problems you encountered and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had not been to the hotel for a while and we arrived and were not sure when we walked in, if we had come to the right place. There has been a refurbishment carried out in the restaurant and bar area, and we all agreed that frankly it looked awful! It has lost its charm and also atmosphere; it is stark and looks like an airport terminus eatery -a great shame!
The 'restaurant' was not clean, food was evident on the wooden flooring in many places and the white tiled walk ways were dirty (although I imagine they would be hard to keep clean). All these hard floors and open plan layout make for a noisy venue! Unfortunately the loos were not any better. Service was fine - a pleasant young team. Prices fair for the menu content and the area, but the menu looks and reads better than the content is to eat, food so so at best. I went with my wife a couple of days later to the Kingfisher over the river - better in all aspects!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your recent visit at The Bridge Hotel.
I am sorry to hear that our refurbished restaurant does not suit your taste. As part of the plan we wanted to make our venue accessible by making it open plan. This way all of our guests would be able to enjoy the river-view.
We are still looking for ways to improve the layout, and by way of customer feedback we can gauge where we need to improve so thank you.
I will be sharing your comments with the team so we can look at ways to improve our offering.

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

After the mood was set from dropping bags off in morning and a quick cab ride to Thorpe park , we were met back at the hotel by one of the friendliest hotel receptionists we've ever met

Not only did she have the measure of us she also made us feel Completly welcome , we had planned on going into town but after a few drinks at the bar we didn't feel a need to go out

Excellent food and great staff alround

A big thank you to Aimee and the whole team for an enjoyable stay

Regards

The motley crew from westoning , beds

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to Thank You for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel. I will personally thank Aimee for the professionalism she showed.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good value hotel with modern rooms and very nice restaurant/breakfast room. Ample free parking and friendly helpful service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel. It is always lovely to receive feedback and I will be glad to welcome you back very soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed June 30, 2012

After a long journey we arrived at the hotel. Intial thoughts this looks nice. Checked in and the receptionist wasn't the best, tried to over charge us didn't say what time breakfast was didn't ask if wanted a newspaper!! Our room was nice room 1. we had a terrace with no furniture so we couldn't take advantage of the view for long. There was no tourist information leaflets. We asked the receptionist where the nearst train station was and she didn't have a clue. Our room was left open by th maid- so we asked to speak to th Manager who was very nice but maybe too quick to say what can i do!!! We diddn't want anything w wanted to make him aware of the situation and when we told him about the receptionist he said they have acess to google and therefore any information wanted they should help. I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Firstly let me apologise for the issues you had whilst staying at The Bridge Hotel. I have taken the points raised and will be discussing these further with my Head Housekeeper and Front of House team.
I would like to apologise and thank you for your feedback. Without this we would not be able to improve our service quality.

Many Thanks,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#3 of 3 in Egham

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!