“Nice Hotel Good Price”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Cheshire, England
“Nice Hotel Good Price”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at the Bridge Hotel for 1 night whilst attending a wedding nearby so did not really take advantage of the restaurant or bar at the hotel so cannot comment on the standard of food although it looked very pleasant surroundings. The hotel charged an extra £15.00 for early check-in on top of the room rate but as the room rate was very reasonable only £57.60 we did not mind the charge. I did note however that the rate was cheaper the closer to the date you got. Check-in was quick and efficient and the lady even asked if we needed a taxi booking to get to our wedding venue. We were given a room on the ground floor overlooking the Thames with a balcony which was lovely. The room was well furnished, modern with a lovely bathroom with very fluffy towels.

Overall an excellant stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms overlooking the Thames
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel, Chertsey.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed on business recently, midweek for one night. Check in was efficient although the lady on the desk appeared to be going through the motions ( clearly having her dinner in the office before popping out to help ). The room was fine - looking out over a split level carpark. However the duvet was small and the bathroom cleanliness needed attention. My evening meal was fine, service was better here but the food was only adequate. Checkout was very good professional and cheerful. Bit of a mixed bag really!

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Bridge Hotel. Secondly may I apologise for the problems which occured during your time with us. I will be speaking to the reception team to investigate the issue you encountered during Check-in. On behalf of the team I send you their apologies.
In regardss to the duvets we recently changed the TOG sizes due to Summer apparently being here. We now realise we may have been a bit early so we are changing them all back to thicker size.
I will be looking at service in the restaurant as guest welfare and care is of paramount importance.

On behalf of myself and the team I apologise for the issues you had during your stay but thank you for bringing these to my attention.

Many Thanks,

Travelers are raving about these Chertsey hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip & thought it was very charming with lovely views of the river thames. the rooms were very nice & had a beautiful view of the river & in the morning of the sun rising!! the restaurant was very nice,good food,although the service was a little slow! As i mentioned i was here for business but would love to return for pleasure!! & as it's so close to thorpe park would combine the two!

Room Tip: you have to request a river view to make your stay worth while!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you found our rooms to your liking. I have also taken onboard your comments regarding the service pace. I will discuss this further with my team.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

As we were only staying one night and literally there just to sleep we booked the cheapest room and really didn't expect much at all . Therefore, when I saw we had a river view, spacious room, comfortable bed and great selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate I was very impressed.
The lovely young girl on reception could not have been more helpful and booked a taxi for me .
Value for money this hotel is was excellent !!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julietscott
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at The Bridge Hotel. I shall pass on your comments to the team. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Sunday lunch was a disappointment to say the least - service was slow and the staff seemed to have no urgency. The food, when it came was not worth the wait nor the money. A roast dinner at the Bridge was to be looked forward to but this was a real let down. The atmosphere has completely gone as well. Since the refurbishment the cosy feel has been totally lost. Must try harder!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank AK5588
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your dining experience. It is always good to receive feedback from our guests.
I am very sorry the roast dinner you received did not meet up to your expectations. I shall talk to my Chef about the issues you have raised and ensure we improve our offering.

Wiltshire
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We went here for Sunday lunch. The refurbishment looks very good. We had a table overlooking the river. I was impressed with the staff who were all polite, friendly and efficient. Our table of four all opted for a Sunday roast from the specials board. The food came quickly. Starters were as expected. The roasts looked fresh and inviting however proved to be disappointing. The roast potatoes tasted like frozen roast potatoes. The slices of pork and beef did not taste as if they had been carved from a roasted joint and the gravy with the beef did not taste as if it had been made with meat juices. The normal menu was also available and some of the other dishes coming out looked good.Perhaps the fact that the kitchen was not concentrating on roast dinners a lone led to the disappointing taste quality. I can't comment on the sweets as we didn't have any but the coffee was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank valashby2
Ben M, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you for your comments regarding your dining experience at The Boathouse Restaurant. We always appreciate people's feedback as we can improve our offering for the future.
I am very sorry that the meal did not meet up to your expectations. We take pride in our food quality but on this occasion we have failed and myself and the team would like to send our apologies.
I will be investigating this further to ensure mistakes like this do not happen again.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My Wife and I booked in using our Tesco Vouchers, with only £4 cash to add. Booking in was very efficiant and speedy. Unfortunately our room overlooked the two tier carpark, had our room been on the other side of the hotel we would have a view of the river Thames and nearby bridge. It really was a lovely location for a hotel.
There was plenty to eat with the inclusive breakfast, cooked to order as well as continental and the service was good. We asked for marmalade,and they had none, but they sent out for some and we had it within ten minutes.
The room was nicely appointed and clean, also the modern style bathroom, we slept very well there.
I made use of the free wi-fi connection, but you had to ring reception each day for the access code, as it was changed on a daily basis. The second day we were there I was on the telephone for at least ten minutes before it was answered. The wi-fi proceedure was not mentioned at all in the hotels instruction booklet.
Never the less the hotel is situated in a very convenient position, not far from Thorpe Park, Chessington, Brooklands, Richmond Park with it's hundreds of deer.
I wouldn't hesitate to recomend it to anybody.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river, if possible
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ben M, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Bridge Hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our location and rooms very appealing. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Many Thanks,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,505 reviews

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!