“Really pleased with this hotel”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chertsey
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We booked a triple room for a family trip to Thorpe Park and couldn't speak highly enough of this hotel.
Only two miles from the park this hotel is set next to a beautiful river, with great views and secure parking.
The room was really nice and clean, with staff already setting the pull-out bed for us, making the room a triple. This may not sound like a big deal but you would be surprised how often the pull-out bed is not prepared in hotels!
The staff were friendly and the restaurant attached to the hotel served excellent food and also had Sky TV.
Overall I will definitely stay at this hotel again next time we visit Thorpe Park - top marks for location, service, rooms and value-for-money!

• Stayed: August 2011
Tony K, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for your king comments and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bridge Hotel in the future.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed here for four nights in August. The room was lovely, spacious, comfortable and had a great view. Ample parking, helpful friendly staff. The restaurant staff were very friendly and the food was great. Had quite a wait for food on the Saturday night but the restaurant was very busy and the waitress kept giving us regular updates. This is a great location for visits to Thorp park and was only a short train ride into London. I would definatley use this hotel again

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Good hotel, nice location, decent sized rooms,comfortable beds and easy parking.
Room service very quick once I managed to get through on the phone and food really good.
Sound of overhead planes a bit annoying during the evening as had to leave balcony doors open as room quite hot but no disturbance through the night once doors and curtains closed.
If there was a negative it would be the door into the room is very heavy and slams shut making a horrendous noise so need to hold it until it closes fully.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
gmbridge, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. It is nice to receive positive reactions and also helpful feedback.

I will be speaking to our maintainance team, tomorrow morning, about the door closure.

I also appreciate that with the hot weather the need to have the bedroom window open. Unfortunately depending on the wind direction we do fall under the flight path for Heathrow Airport.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed August 2, 2011

After having stayed at the hotel, with my family, and reading some of the reviews, I felt compelled to write this review.

On checking in we were greeted by a very friendly lady in reception, I am not sure of her nationality, who explained where the restaurant was, what time breakfast was and all the other facilities at the hotel.

We found our room, with a sofa bed and a river view, to be large enough and clean, the only problem was that I need two pillows and only had one, I called the young lady in reception and within 5 minutes I had my extra pillows.

We had an evening meal in the restaurant, which seemed quite busy, the young man that showed us to our table told us that they were busy and that there was about a 40 minute wait for food. Our food actually arrived after 25 minutes and was lovely, we were continually asked if we needed anything else by our waitress, I think her name was Rachel.

Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of both cold buffet, cheese, meats, rolls, yoghourts, cereals etc, and the hot buffet, the sausages in particular. The service was great and we were regularly offered refills for our coffee.

Overall we had a lovely stay and will definitely book again especially when you consider the location in comparison to London and the theme parks.

We found

Room Tip: Phone the hotel direct as we got the room we wanted for the same price as the internet deals
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We do appreciate the acknowledgement that we are always striving to improve our product to enhance our guests stay.

I have passed this review on to my team and to Rachel in particular, who sends her thanks for your kind comments.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I was pretty wary about booking this hotel because of the poor reviews from May and June this year, but had little choice at this sort of price. Apart from the gentleman initially telling me that there were no rooms left at the stated online price, (and changing his mind when I challenged him) I was very happy with the hotel. My room was large, clean and had everything I needed. The room was rather warm but it had been a VERY hot day and by the time I needed to sleep it had cooled enough, with the help of the ceiling fan, for me to be able to close the window and I actually had a very good night's sleep.
I cannot comment on the food as I did not eat here. The young lady on Reception was very pleasant.
There is very easy access to the Thames Footpath which is lovely.
I would chose this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Booked at short notice after a long 28 hr flight from Australia when I found my original hotel had messed up my booking and cancelled it. It was such a relief to stay at the Bridge Hotel. The room was really nice, recently renovated with LCD HDTV and internet. Manager greeted me on arrival and chatted, light years difference from the rude jerk manager at the previous hotel. Stayed there for 5 nights and everything was great. There is a quiet pub downstairs with good food at reasonable prices and with really friendly, attentive staff. Every time I saw the manager, he always said hello and stopped to chat. Just what I needed when travelling alone on business. Hotel is also in a nice area by the river with secure parking and a 24 hr garage across the road. There are so many dodgy hotels out there that look great on the internet, but this is definitely NOT one of them. I will stay there again when I am back in September and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
gmbridge, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind review, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again in September.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed here with a group of friends and had no problems. Staff were friendly and the rooms were lovely. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011
gmbridge, General Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Thank you very much for your review and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again

Chris de la Hoyde

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chertsey
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
Oatlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Weybridge
Best Western The Ship Hotel

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!