Bridge Hotel, Chertsey
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crown Hotel(Chertsey)(Great Value!)
$103
$100
Hotels.com
Foxhills(Ottershaw)
$221
The Anchor Hotel(Shepperton)(Great Value!)
$65
$676
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
Savannah Bed & Breakfast(Virginia Water)
Priceline
All reviewseasy parkingduty managergreat locationthe riverreception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked a room for my son-in-law on Sunday night 30th March (Room 112), as he was starting a new job at St Peters on Monday, and would have had a long journey from Kent on the Monday morning.

He hardly got any sleep as there was a couple arguing in the room above him. He did report it, but it continued through-out the night, with the staff not monitoring the situation.

I am disappointed that this situation should arise, without anything being done about it.

I did contact the hotel after this happened, but have had no response,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Neil W, Front Office Manager at Bridge Hotel, Chertsey, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

HI AniiB
Having investigated your comments with my Front of House team and Night Manager, I could find no record of any complaint raised to the team regarding arguments in the rooms, nor did your son in law make any comment to the Receptionist on departure with regards to this
I would certainly urge you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your comments in full

Kind Regards
Neil Wheeler

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here on Friday 28th of this month, the room was much larger than we anticipated and was very clean. The boathouse restaurant was superb, the staff were excellent the for the money the food was far better than we expected. The best thing about this hotel is the very attractive and friendly Australian receptionist! At least I think it was an Australian accent...

Stayed: March 2014
Neil W, General Manager at Bridge Hotel, Chertsey, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hi JG
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Receptionist - although to avoid a diplomatic international incident, I must point out she is actually from New Zealand & New Zealanders will quickly become nettled if they are confused with Australians!!!
I was delighted to read your comments on the Restaurant and the staff - we are always striving to create a relaxing and comfortable dining experience

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on business and made a lovely change. Spacious room with patio overlooking the river, friendly staff, nice atmosphere. Only slight glitch was the very noisy extractor fan in the bathroom.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Neil W, General Manager at Bridge Hotel, Chertsey, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Hi fdgirlie
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the food

I look forward to welcoming you on your return
(will look at that extractor fan!)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Visited the Bridge with two colleagues. Arrived late in the evening after a long drive to be told that there had been a glitch with the computer system and my room was double-booked. We were asked to share a room or I could go to a different hotel in a different town. When it was pointed out that we had booked directly with the hotel, had confirmations and that we could see that they had rooms available (presumably because people were still to arrive), they admitted that a laterooms booking was the cause of the double booking and they were just trying to accommodate everyone. To be fair, they finally gave me a room, but the assumption that I would want to share or go to a different hotel to my colleagues seems a little ridiculous. When asked why they hadn't contacted us, they claimed not to have contact information, even though they had managed to e-mail us the reservation! A shame really, because this is a decent hotel (although my room was cold because the window wouldn't shut properly) and the staff are very hepful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi DharmaBum1965
Thank you for your feedback and I do apologies for the issue on arrival - it was myself that you met.
We have sorted out the IT issues to prevent any reoccurence

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here recently on business. Good room (2) overlooking the river. Found the room to be clean (although the toilet was a bit stained at the u bend).
We ate in the restaurant both evenings and enjoyed the meals although the beef rib my wife had on the first night was very fatty.
Breakfast was good and here was plenty of choice
The young evening staff were friendly and efficient and are a credit to the hotel.

Overall pleasant stay and would recommend the Hotel to others

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Neil W, General Manager at Bridge Hotel, Chertsey, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hi Alan C
Thank you for your review, and your kind comments regarding the team

I have noted your comments on the Rib of Beef and fed that back to the Head Chef, with launching a new menu it is through your feedback that enables us to improve the selection of choice

We look forward to seeing back at the hotel in the near future