“It's closed down :-(”
Review of Cafe Plaza - CLOSED

Cafe Plaza
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Unfortunately - after eating in the restaurant since it opened, the owners have had to close down and leave after the landlord evicted them.

Good luck in whatever you do next!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was very disappointed to find a closure sign in the window of Cafe Plaza last week when I turned up for lunch. According to the notice the cafe was closed down on 28 March 2012. This was my favourite eatery in Chertsey and I hope that Eddie and his team re-open somewhere else in the area so that they can continue their good work and bring wonderful Mediterranean cuisine to their appreciative customers.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We've been eating at the Plaza regularly but on our last visit we were actually a little disappointed for the first time. The preparation and presentation of the main courses was only average. The grilled sea bass is normally served as two chargrilled fillets but this time came as one thicker piece rather soggy in oil. The so-called salad that accompanied was actually only a little bit of not-very-good lettuce with a cheap dressing. Likewise, the mixed grill was very sparse with equally unappealing lettuce dumped on the plate. Some of the front of house staff were different to usual and it would seem the usual chef was not there. I don't know if the usual team were away for some reason but I hope they come back because I can't recommend the Plaza based on this experience. We will be giving them another chance in a couple of months and I'll post another review then.

2  Thank Ravell S
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We live in Chertseyand frequent here often. Fresh home made food, great selection and great staff. Kofte with homemade chilli is delicious along with garlic mushrooms, prawn and advocado (80's I know but love it) and the schnitzel....I could go on. Husband loves the Efes beer!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We visited whilst staying in Chertsey based on the Tripadvisor reviews, visiting on a Tuesday night. We found the food to be fine although nothing really spectacular for a number 1 rated restaurant. We opted for the Lamb Cutlets with Sumac and Mixed Grill for mains (costing £11 and £12 respectively). The lamb was quite tender but we could not taste any sumac; the mixed grill had lamb shish (OK), chicken (nice) and kofte (OK) but the portions weren't huge for the money. We did not bother with desserts. Overall the food was OK and the service good but I wouldn't rush back.

6  Thank chammp