“great food, but so noisy”
Review of The Spice Mill

The Spice Mill
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Riccall
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ricall, Yorkshire, YO19 6TJ tel. 01757 249 707 tel. 07867 578 545 email: hobib@thespice-mill.co.uk
Leeds, United Kingdom
“great food, but so noisy”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Another recommended restaurant but avoid if you're in any way hard of hearing, or ask to be sat near the door!
A busy Friday evening and the place was buzzing, we booked for 20.30 and had no wait at all, the service was excellent, and when I requested a quiet corner our small party were offered the end table near the door
The fish starter was delicious, and very hot too. In my dinning out experience difficult to get right when ordering as part of a group, but the batter was crisp and light and the fish very fresh
The lamb dish was also excellent, just one gripe there was not enough meat ( ...being a Yorkshireman I love plenty!)
My partner agreed that the food and service were very good.
Ricall is hard to find and yes I agree with Trikemaniac the outside is tatty, the inside is much better. However the car park was full of expensive motors so I thought it must be good when I arrived!
Again recommended

• Visited June 2013

Edinburgh, Scotland
“My favourite local curry”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is my 'local' takeaway and I visit about once a month for this purpose but have also eaten at the restaurant too. Especially fond of Samander e Golda, jalfrezi chicken and lajawab (sp?) chicken, and also thei cauliflower bhaji. All the flavours taste very fresh, don't think I've been disappointed so far. The views across the countryside are pretty from the restaurant too. Definitely worth the 15 mile round trip for our takeaway!

Visited May 2013
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Nice curry but SO noisy”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Agree with other reviewers about the food, very good however it's a fairly small place once you get inside. Service experience was mixed, we were placed next to a group of about 14 people and asked if we could move to another table only to be told another group were due any time so it would be pointless. Three waiters then wandered about whilst one took an order from the group. Thankfully the manager intervened and things speeded up.

I don't know if its the acoustics in the building, the layout of the place or the fact that there were too many tables but get a group in here and you simply cannot hear yourself think, in the end my partner and I finished our meal quickly and left. So, great for groups not so good for couples!

Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Tatty on the outside but....”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

..... a whole different ball game on the inside.

Situated in a redundant windmill down a dead-end lane in a small village which boasts another excellent 'Indian' restaurant.
Nicely looked after grounds but decaying woodwork gives way to a very smart and contemporary dining room with a 'natural' windmill curve. Attentive and very polite waiters present a refreshingly different menu and the three main dishes our party had were bursting with flavour. My yardstick is always how delicate the peshwari nan is, and I was not disappointed. Takeaway service also available.

York, England, United Kingdom
“A great place to bring visitors from London”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to the Spice Mill on Saturday the 4th of May 2013 with friends that had travelled from London to visit.

This review is mainly based from their reaction and how much they enjoyed it.

They loved the scenery where the Spice Mill is, nice green fields etc, compared to the busy streets of London.

They really enjoyed the food, and were surprised when a meal for 4 came in at less than £100

We also enjoyed everything, and compared to my previous review about the staff being overbearing we preferred the fact that the restaurant was really busy, giving us smaller doses of the staff.

The manager is really nice, he was happy to answer our guests questions about the different foods.

In a nut shell, we had a lovely time.