“A great place to bring visitors from London”
Review of The Spice Mill

The Spice Mill
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Riccall
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ricall, Yorkshire, YO19 6TJ tel. 01757 249 707 tel. 07867 578 545 email: hobib@thespice-mill.co.uk
York, England, United Kingdom
“A great place to bring visitors from London”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to the Spice Mill on Saturday the 4th of May 2013 with friends that had travelled from London to visit.

This review is mainly based from their reaction and how much they enjoyed it.

They loved the scenery where the Spice Mill is, nice green fields etc, compared to the busy streets of London.

They really enjoyed the food, and were surprised when a meal for 4 came in at less than £100

We also enjoyed everything, and compared to my previous review about the staff being overbearing we preferred the fact that the restaurant was really busy, giving us smaller doses of the staff.

The manager is really nice, he was happy to answer our guests questions about the different foods.

In a nut shell, we had a lovely time.

• Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently excellent Indian cuisine”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Have visited the Spice Mill many times as it is by far my favourite restaurant in our small village. Coeliac friendly, poppudums are made using corn flour and most dishes contain no wheat. Service is brilliant as always and offers a wide range of classic Indian specials by a highly talented chef. The Spice Mill will rival most Indian restaurants I have tried, serving delicious cuisine for nearly seven years.

• Visited May 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Nothing to say other than what a top job this place provides.

Plenty of parking, great food, superb service and great price.

Only one comment I could make and that is the gents toilet needs a luck of paint and some loose wallpaper in the toilet needs replacing.

One the whole a great value, great food and fantastic unrushed service.

Oh. And the place is comfortable with nice chairs and just right heating.

When people leave not only do they do a proper job of cleaning tables but they clean the floor and seats too so its spotless and very clean.

Will go back which counts as a good recommendation.

• Visited April 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Curry night”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Really enjoyed the food and the ambience,good service as well.Perhaps a little cold in the restaurant the night we went,heating needed turning up-it was march when we went and snowing.I can recommend the apna salad if you like your food a little spicier,I have been 3 times and will go again.

• Visited March 2013
Goole, United Kingdom
“'The Bandhor Khombol Curry'”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Having tried many places in The Area I decided to try the Spice Mill, i was greeted by a peculiar dressed waiter which I presume may have been his traditional cloths and only received a greeting of 2 words "Good evening" the waiter seemed unsure during conversation and I asked for his recommendation to which he suggested the chefs special 'His Bandhor Khombol Curry' the waiter casually returned with the owner to which I was truly amazed with the speed of the preparation of the chefs 'Bandhor Khombol Curry' having finished my meal I can honestly say it was certainly a shock, as the fragrance and the strength of 'The Bandhor Khombol Curry' was too over powering, nevertheless, I thought it did me justice.

• Visited March 2013