“'The Bandhor Khombol Curry'”
Review of The Spice Mill

The Spice Mill
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Riccall
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ricall, Yorkshire, YO19 6TJ tel. 01757 249 707 tel. 07867 578 545 email: hobib@thespice-mill.co.uk
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Having tried many places in The Area I decided to try the Spice Mill, i was greeted by a peculiar dressed waiter which I presume may have been his traditional cloths and only received a greeting of 2 words "Good evening" the waiter seemed unsure during conversation and I asked for his recommendation to which he suggested the chefs special 'His Bandhor Khombol Curry' the waiter casually returned with the owner to which I was truly amazed with the speed of the preparation of the chefs 'Bandhor Khombol Curry' having finished my meal I can honestly say it was certainly a shock, as the fragrance and the strength of 'The Bandhor Khombol Curry' was too over powering, nevertheless, I thought it did me justice.

3  Thank Crown T

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Spice Mill never fails to deliver! As a frequent visitor - either to collect a take away or to eat in
we have never had a bad meal. Always given the option of a drink at the bar or going to our table. Service and food always excellent. Yes it does get very busy specially Friday/Saturday nights,

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Spicy, nicely prepared food. Clean, and excellent service. recommended. Visted on a Friday night. Was quite busy. We were shown straight to a table, and were'nt asked if we'd like to have a drink at the bar first. Slightly cool in restaurant but not to detriment of the atmosphere, (just wear a jumper!!). Tables were cleared very quickly. But we were lleft too chat afterwards. Overall pretty good, particularly for an indian restaurant.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was my first visit to the Spice Mill and it won't be my last. The food was great and the service impeccable. The setting is lovely and it is a beautiful building.
Don't believe the previous reviews as they don't do the place justice. Go and visit and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

So looking forward to this after rave reviews! Rushed in through grotty door straight to our poorly positioned table. Not offered a drink in the bar first. Relieved when we saw it later!!! Freezing cold, draughty table. Had to hold onto my cutlery all night to stop the over zealous waiters from removing my plate. It was as if the waiters were on a rotating floor, constantly trying to rush you and remove plates. Some people may see this as excellent service but it was quite frankly most annoying as if they wanted to go home. in fact this was not the case as the restaurant is open late. As a former national curry competition judge In Manchester I was so disappoinrted as it was like an english restaurant attempting Indian food! After you finish your meal there is no where to go other than a shabby, cold, cheaply finished bar / takeaway waiting area, full of waiters drinking post mix and wiping their heads with the glass polishing cloth.... Unfortunately that's the truth My partner and I eat out a lot but This is the first time I have ever been moved enough to leave a negative review as I really thought this needed to be reported.

5  Thank Jo B