“Charming, friendly, good value and good quality”
Review of The Park View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Riccall
The Park View
Ranked #5 of 5 Riccall B&B and Inns
Vienna
“Charming, friendly, good value and good quality”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A charming restaurant with B&B rooms. We stayed for one night and it will stay in our memories forever. Excellent value for both accommodation and food. Very friendly and hard-working Italian hosts. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated, providing all comfort needed. Menu with wide variety of selections, some being refreshingly exotic. Recommended for all kind of travelers. Very well positioned for those who want to visit York for leisure of business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emil F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I made a reservation for 4 double rooms for one Saturday night in July, I booked well in advance booking them early April. I rang up twice in the same week myself and my friends were due to stay. I was reassured on both occasions that week that the booking was in. The Friday night before my stay I had a phone call to say that one double room was double booked and there was nothing they could do but book one couple into another hotel which was closer to York, as they had us down for attending the races which was not the case at all. We were attending a friends wedding and coming to Riccall from various parts of the country. The lady that called me was helping the owner as he is italian & it appears there was a bit of a language barrier. As all couples wanted to stay together, I declined the offer to move to another B&B. It really was quite stressful having to rearrange accommodation the day of my friends wedding. I really wouldn't recommend staying here until there seems to be a better booking arrangements in place!

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank dwillis548
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I gather that there are new owners at this B&B and they look like they are making good changes to it, but there is still much to do. The price for a room was really good value, but the room is tired. It was very clean, but tatty. I was a bit freaked out by the cracked wooden toilet seat which really should be replaced. Also the noise from the kitchen is very loud late at night.

The location is without a short drive of York. I did not try the breakfast, but have eaten at the owners previous establishment which was very good.

The owners are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the front of the guest house to avoid excessive kitchen noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank natholian
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have just had a lovely stay at the Park View (Saturday 11th May - party of 6 adults). The new owners of the hotel are absolutely delightful,(as was the previous owner Sue) the rooms are clean, tidy and spacious. You are made to feel so welcome from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave. We had a fantastic meal on the Saturday night in the newly added Italian restaurant - the choice, the service, the whole ambience was excellent. Breakfast Sunday morning was also absolutely lovely - you could not find fault with anything. We paid £63 for the room including breakfast which we felt was extremely good value and would not hesitate in retuning/recommending this charming place to anyone! It really is a good find - Have a trip and enjoy it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank susan b
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I picked this place at random, having had no luck finding a room in nearby Selby. The reception was very friendly, and the room was surprisingly large and tidy. Breakfast the next morning was cooked to order by the owner and was very nice. The cost was quite reasonable, given that there was a 15% discount.

Definitely stay there again

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Loughborough
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights, very comfortable and clean, we were taken to our room plus our luggage was carried for us. The room was very pleasant with a perfect on-suite. Breakfast was excellent.

We had an evening meal each evening which was first class. I would recommend the Park View Hotel and Restaurant without reservation.

Room Tip: Our room was room 3 first floor- perfect and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here in July 2012 before attending a conference.

The house was well presented, and the owners introduced themselves on my arrival. I was shown to my room, which I was very happy with.

Although I had booked a single room, I was allocated to a twin. The room clean and nicely decorated, and had a desk, wardrobe, bedside tables, tea and coffee making facilities and freeview television.

The ensuite bathroom had a bath with shower over, and was a decent size.

My breakfast order was taken on arrival, and was ready for me when I arrived to breakfast. They offer a good selection of items on their cooked breakfast.

The owners have 2 little dogs who are both very friendly, but I only saw them when I sent to find the owner for wifi password. I personally would have loved to see more of them, but I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, so if you have an issue with dogs may be a consideration. I queried with the owner about whether they take dogs, and was pleased to hear that 4 legged guests are also welcome, so may well return in the future!

If you travel ot this guest house from York, there is a bus which departs from outside Marks and Spencer (the furniture and kids clothes one - there's 2 in York!) and costs £3 to get to get to the Park View. The owner gave me details of the bus when I enuqired. A taxi company had quoted me £21, so bus info is good to know!

Lastminute.com had indicated the guesthouse had a fitness room, but don't think that was the case, in case this is important to you when you book. However, my stay at the Park View was very pleasant, and extremely good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Park View? Share your experiences!