“Nice village pub”
Review of The Greyhound

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Riccall
The Greyhound
Ranked #4 of 5 Riccall B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is a typical village pub. My son and daughter-in-law live in the village and when we visit we usually go there for a swift drink. In winter there is a nice open fire which suits my wife! Not luxurious by any means but welcoming, with a good selection of guest beers, a pool room, nice restaurant with a good but simple menu (we had a couple of bowls of "real" chips as a snack today and they were great!) - you don't feel as though you have to get dressed up to go there. They actually do fish & chips to take away which is quite novel. You get the feeling it is quite the heart of the village (all the locals know each other) but you don't feel like an outsider. Staff and pleasant and efficient - and they make a nice cuppa tea! A good place for a casual drink and a snack if you are in the area. TVs are on but not intrusive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We haven't stayed at the Greyhound ( see separate review for "White Rose Villa") but we have used it many times for food and drink. Despite it being a village "local" visitors are made very welcome by the landlord and customers. The pub is Camra recommended and its easy to see why- they have many resident beers & ales plus two or three guest ales to choose from - I am glad to say that all wereexcellent :-) . We can also vouch for the food - there is a really good Sunday Carvery (very popular) and most evenings there is a board with a choice of hot food at very reasonable prices. They also do takeaway fish and chips if you prefer! ... note though that evening food is served from 6pm to 8pm Tuesday to Saturday only. All in all if you're in Riccall then the Greyhound will not disappoint for a convivial evening :-)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I was warmly welcomed to The Greyhound and given all the information I could possibly need in a very friendly way. The room was a good size and very clean, in fact I think it might have been newly decorated. It wasn't en suite, but there was a washbasin and the shared bathroom was spotlessly clean as well. The room was very well equipped and nicely done, with lovely towels and linen and a good selection of drinks available (not to mention the very pleasant pub downstairs!). I was worried about noise from the pub, but actually it didn't disturb me at all and I slept like a baby. There was plenty of hot water both at night and in the morning. The car park is locked at night, which is good, and they opened the gate for me immediately when I needed to leave early in the morning. There is a separate entrance to the accommodation, so you don't have to go through the pub at all if you don't want to. I didn't have breakfast, which seemed to disappoint them a bit, but I certainly will next time and if it's anything like as nice as the room, I'll be very pleased with it. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Feee78

Been to The Greyhound? Share your experiences!