“Brilliant for a relaxing break”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Symonds Yat
Walnut Tree Cottage
Ranked #6 of 6 Symonds Yat B&B and Inns
East Midlands
“Brilliant for a relaxing break”
Reviewed September 16, 2007

It was my first visit to Symonds Yat. When I searched for local hotel reviews, only one listed here was not highly recommended by reviewers. My husband, who had stayed in this area during his company do a couple of years ago, suggested Walnut Tree and I have searched for details on internet.
Frankly speaking, I would rather prefer hotels with online booking facility because so far, majorities of my email enquiries failed to receive answers and it’s rare to have the calls answered. It was a nice surprise that my mail was replied promptly and the call was answered in a friendly and professional manner.
Symonds Yat is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited in Britain. The hotel was on the hill overlooking the river Wye and it was clean and tidy. Our room (Room 1) was rather spacious and the bathroom was much bigger than expected.
The best thing about this hotel was the proprietors (Jennie and Keith), who definitely enjoy looking after their guests to ensure everyone has a good time. Everything you need during the stay is in the room, i.e. Torch for walking back from neighbouring Pubs in the night time (No street lights), all sorts of drink sachets on Tea/Coffee Tray. We even find a brolly in the wardrobe.
We had a very good time!
I thought it would be worth posting a review as there are few Symonds Yat listings and reviews.

• Liked — Location (view), friendly and professional owners, quiet environment. Good for walkers.
  • Disliked — No place for incompetent drivers as you need to drive for few hundred yards of single track.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple

#2 of 6 in Symonds Yat
The Saracens Head Inn
The Saracens Head Inn
#1 of 6 in Symonds Yat

Been to Walnut Tree Cottage? Share your experiences!