We went here in February and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A lovely lodge overlooking the river with great access to lovely walks through the valleys and forests surrounding. Whilst there we got engaged, and the staff were lovely and put a bottle of sparkling wine in our room as a surprise! Food was very good, and sitting by the fire reading books and playing scrabble was wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Lodge at Symonds Yat East has an idyllic setting in the heart of the Wye Valley in an area of outstanding natural beauty where the River Wye cuts a swathe through a wooded gorge on the edge of the spectacular Royal Forest of Dean.The Lodge is nestled just below Symonds Yat Rock and stands exclusively in grounds of almost 5 acres overlooking the river. It has terraced gardens of magnolia trees and a well established wisteria. The Royal was originally built in 1876 as a Royal hunting lodge and was converted to a hotel in the 1920's. It has had a full and extensive refurbishment in 2008 and is managed by Graham Howells who has overseen the transformation and ensures that the level of service reflects the new development and idyllic location. The Royal Lodge is a great place to unwind with long relaxing walks in outstanding scenery. The hotel is also well situated to explore the Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains and the South Wales coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Book Direct Rooms, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Royal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- Royal Hotel Symonds Yat
- The Royal Lodge Symonds Yat, England