My fiancée and I had 2 nights at the forest view. We were asked to park in a specific place but were grateful it was free and the owners were very organised and cared about all their guests being able to accommodate their cars. Checking in was a breeze and breakfast was booked for a time we were more than happy with and what a breakfast it was!!! Full English as standard that you didn't have to pay extra for!!!! Also cereals, fruit, yoghurt and fruit juice, great choice. Our room had the most amazing view over the river and we could sit in bed in the morning with a cup of tea and check our surroundings out. It was an extremely calming and relaxed place to stay. We were very lucky as we managed to mooch about the following day after the owners allowed us to keep our car in their car park for a little while longer rather than pay the cost of the public car park. The owners were very polite and helpful and Jon has a very dry sense of humour, which we appreciated! Shame other reviewers didn't feel the same, they obviously don't share the same sense of humour or maybe don't have one at all????? Defo coming back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our four star guest-house. Visitors will be treated to a breakfast of their choice; much needed after the multitude of outdoor activities available on the doorstep. From short breaks to long stays, Gill and John do their best to cater for individual needs to make each stay unforgettable double and twin rooms offer panoramic river views, so for those who haven't managed the cycling, kayaking, hiking, fishing or climbing, they can still appreciate the famous Three Countries View (Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire) from the comfort of their room. Stunning bed and breakfast accommodation with panoramic views of the River Wye. Set in over an acre of beautiful gardens with lawns, shrubs and ornamental fish-pond. Total of eleven double bedrooms, all with en-suites. Licensed Bar,Free Wi-Fi Internet available. Conveniently located for Cheltenham, Chepstow, Gloucester, Hereford, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye. Excellent road links to Cardiff and South Wales.Private parking. Pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Check-in time from 2.30pm, Check-out time is no later than 10.30am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Forest View Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forest View Guest House Hotel Symonds Yat
- Forest View Guest House Symonds Yat, England