My wife and I stayed here for 1 night as part of a recent mini break. As we arrived in the car park we were met by a quite abrupt and rude gentlemen who proceeded to tell me that I could not park where I had and told me to move my car and park underneath the trees as they had seven other cars arriving that day. He stood and watched me park where I had to fight my way to the boot of my car through nettles to get our luggage - not a good start! Later we noticed that a white van had arrived and was able to park in my original spot.
Proceeded to check in and we were asked if we required breakfast in the morning, they should have known that we did as we had booked it, we were then told that breakfast was at 8.45am, no option.
Guest House is situated in a great location and we had a great view from our room, however the proprietors do seem to treat their guests in an unfortunate manner which is a shame as this place could be so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our four star guest-house. Visitors will be treated to a breakfast of their choice; much needed after the multitude of outdoor activities available on the doorstep. From short breaks to long stays, Gill and John do their best to cater for individual needs to make each stay unforgettable double and twin rooms offer panoramic river views, so for those who haven't managed the cycling, kayaking, hiking, fishing or climbing, they can still appreciate the famous Three Countries View (Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire) from the comfort of their room. Stunning bed and breakfast accommodation with panoramic views of the River Wye. Set in over an acre of beautiful gardens with lawns, shrubs and ornamental fish-pond. Total of eleven double bedrooms, all with en-suites. Licensed Bar,Free Wi-Fi Internet available. Conveniently located for Cheltenham, Chepstow, Gloucester, Hereford, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye. Excellent road links to Cardiff and South Wales.Private parking. Pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Check-in time from 2.30pm, Check-out time is no later than 10.30am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Forest View Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forest View Guest House Hotel Symonds Yat
- Forest View Guest House Symonds Yat, England